Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 209 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 15,578 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
October 14, 2017, 6:44pm
Guest User
Look I have seen worse:-All season under Bobby Roberts, Bobby Kennedy's first season including a 1-1 draw at home against Bradford Park Avenue the worst game I have ever seen and it snowed, Nick Law's games in charge, Alan Buckley's first three months and of course Neil Woods games in charge.
Matt does not look very good and is not able to jump.
Woolford look promising in his first game, but has gone AWOL.
Dixon is an average defender, for the conference, but can't pass, can't tackle and lacks pace.
Clarke has no pace, and sometimes no clue.
Summerfield and Berrett have been named MOM in last 3 games. Yes plenty of energy, Summerfield can produce a blinding pass but that's 1 in 10 attempts his other passes often lead to dangerous positions for the opposition. In saying that Summerfield has earned his place. Worry is the last team they played for in the middle of the park went South.
Oh James McKeown, I think mostly a good keeper in league 2 but why does he delay the pass. He usually slows the game down too much and I'm not sure of his kicking.
I used come away from a home win under Slade and wonder how?
The stand out performer Gavin Ward. The match was about him, consistent in stopping the game but made inconsistent decisions. I thought Conference refs were bad but we've had some stinkers here.
WELL THERE'S MY MOAN. UTM, I'll be there next game, looking at the River waiting excitedly for the Town to come, knowing we will win, then we kick off, Groundhog day again. My season ticket is worth the view and I get to see Trains and boats (ships) and planes. PS I always think England will win the World Cup.
Reply: 40 - 118
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2017, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 140067
Look I have seen worse:-All season under Bobby Roberts, Bobby Kennedy's first season including a 1-1 draw at home against Bradford Park Avenue the worst game I have ever seen and it snowed, Nick Law's games in charge, Alan Buckley's first three months and of course Neil Woods games in charge.
Matt does not look very good and is not able to jump.
Woolford look promising in his first game, but has gone AWOL.
Dixon is an average defender, for the conference, but can't pass, can't tackle and lacks pace.
Clarke has no pace, and sometimes no clue.
Summerfield and Berrett have been named MOM in last 3 games. Yes plenty of energy, Summerfield can produce a blinding pass but that's 1 in 10 attempts his other passes often lead to dangerous positions for the opposition. In saying that Summerfield has earned his place. Worry is the last team they played for in the middle of the park went South.
Oh James McKeown, I think mostly a good keeper in league 2 but why does he delay the pass. He usually slows the game down too much and I'm not sure of his kicking.
I used come away from a home win under Slade and wonder how?
The stand out performer Gavin Ward. The match was about him, consistent in stopping the game but made inconsistent decisions. I thought Conference refs were bad but we've had some stinkers here.
WELL THERE'S MY MOAN. UTM, I'll be there next game, looking at the River waiting excitedly for the Town to come, knowing we will win, then we kick off, Groundhog day again. My season ticket is worth the view and I get to see Trains and boats (ships) and planes. PS I always think England will win the World Cup.

Our left side (Dixon & Woolford) was woeful today. Without wishing to rake up the past, Danny Andrew did more in most games last season than those two put together today.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 118
Grimal
October 14, 2017, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from golfer
We will have to admit that our players aren't very good. You can't really blame them-they try their hardest so we have to look elsewhere for the reasons for our abysmal performances. Do they seem fit-to me they look knackered second halves yet we have a fitness coach. Who decides the tactics-who signed the players this summer-who picks the team-who decides which substitutes to use------No need to answer.   That was one of the most boring matches other than England that I have ever seen----I went for a wee at half time and I was the only one in there---everybody else had gone while the match was on

You missed the best entertainment of the day Golfer, the choir was a joy to listen to.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 118
moosey_club
October 14, 2017, 7:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,240
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We looked OK in the first half - Berrett & Summerfield looked OK but Summerfield 2016/7 came out for the second half.

I didnt see Macc play so i will take your word for it  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 118
Sigone
October 14, 2017, 7:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Grimal

You missed the best entertainment of the day Golfer, the choir was a joy to listen to.

They were, and they had the right idea, did their singing, got the hell out of dodge (we should of wised up and joined them).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 118
Maringer
October 14, 2017, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Not just the referee being blamed for Jones inability to hit the target from 12 yards, but also McKeown being criticised for making a decent save from their best chance! Yes, it almost went in and hit the post but he'd saved the flipping shot in the first place!

Dixon was poor for the first 20 minutes but was fine after that. He's no Danny Andrew but then he was only with us due to the injury issues which have resurfaced. We've had worse full-backs than Dixon in the not too distant past, but it seems he's the latest one everyone has got it in for. Most of their set pieces came from our right which indicates we had a problem defensively on that side. Though Davies and Dembele did OK in most regards, they didn't half give away a lot of really stupid free-kicks.

Dembele will become a better player if he simply starts passing the ball more often rather than attempting to dribble all the time. His interchange with Vernon in the first half which set him away shows the way we need to be playing. In fact, we need to see a lot more first time passes throughout midfield and in attack. We're lacking pace as it is so any time we slow down when going forward tends to hurt us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 118
ginnywings
October 14, 2017, 7:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
When we re-appointed Slade, i had a bit of a moan on here as i am not a fan of Sladeball. JF must have read my comments because not long after, we played well at home (think it was when we beat Mansfield) and he made a point of coming over to my seat and saying " It's rubbish this Sladeball isn't it ?", or words to that effect. I have been sorely tempted to remind him of that incident but i can't be bothered. The stuff on the pitch and the dwindling, yawning fanbase says all i need to say. The fans are bored John and you are the one who appointed him, not us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 118
Bigdog
October 14, 2017, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Grimal

Samba bands, choirs etc in the Osmond Corner has more than a hint of Phoenix Nights about it.. What the heck have we become?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 118
ginnywings
October 14, 2017, 7:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Bigdog

Samba bands, choirs etc in the Osmond Corner has more than a hint of Phoenix Nights about it.. What the heck have we become?

I agree. If the football wasn't enough to put you to sleep, their rendition of Life in a Northern Town was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 118
jamesgtfc
October 14, 2017, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
The most entertaining part of the match was the little game at half time.

Dixon's first half performance was one of the worst I have ever seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.