12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
October 14, 2017, 6:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
This was my first game with slade back in charge after his first stint as i had no confidence in his return and said i would not go while he is back. well i did go and will not be going again. sorry but the football was better under Woods than under this lumper.

mkeown - 5.  nearly threw the match away by touching the ball into the net, thankfully it hit the post.
dixon -      4  not sure if he was bad because of who he had in front of him, conor townsend he aint.
davies  -   6  put a couple of good balls in and looked mor mobile than most of the team.
clarke -     6 did a job but a few good balls in by them had the 2 centres in flappy land a few times.
collins -     6 same as clarke tbh
berret -      4 . seemed to have the ball a bit but did nothing with it, didnt seem to do a great deal off the ball either and was deep most of the game, surely should be a tackler to play there?
Summerfield - 6 good in patches but wasteful generally.
dembele -6    couple of bursts here and there, probably just needs experience as seems lost at times.
wollford. 4    . looked unfit and slow from the start, can see the guy had talent once but just looked way past it today.
jones - 7    bit unluckey today i thought, looked most likely to make something happen, totally blame the ref for his miss today as he took far to long messing about talking to every man and his dog before it could be taken.
vernon. 5   -  not the type of player that wants the ball landing on his head every pass rather than feet. chased around for very little.

subs - 4 . no impact at all.

Slade and tactics - 3. took jones off for some reason i cant fathom. left woolford on when he clearly wasnt in the game.

Ref - 3 absolute tool that probably cost us 3 points with his little man im in charge attitude today.

The thing that stuck out for me the most today was sam jones was the only player after the match that made a real effort with the fans even though he knew we were shite. not sure he is a happy bunny looking at his body language after the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 118
sonofmadeleymariner
October 14, 2017, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
All I'll say is Slade out, I get lambasted by happy clappers if I try to say anything else.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 118
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 14, 2017, 6:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
I've only been twice this season and we have won them both, with decent performances, Chesterfield and Accy.  It appears I have been spoilt, sorry, that is so 2015/16.  I had the opportunity to go today, but declined to because of all the negative reports I read on here.  Its negative because although individuals opinions differ the consensus seems the same, we are absolutely dire at the moment. I don't have the motivation anymore.  I work hard for my footie money and I am not going to spend it on being depressed.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 118
Hagrid
October 14, 2017, 6:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Blaming the ref for jones putting a penalty WIDE of the goal. My god ive heard it all now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 118
sonofmadeleymariner
October 14, 2017, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
I've only been twice this season and we have won them both, with decent performances, Chesterfield and Accy.  It appears I have been spoilt, sorry, that is so 2015/16.  I had the opportunity to go today, but declined to because of all the negative reports I read on here.  Its negative because although individuals opinions differ the consensus seems the same, we are absolutely dire at the moment. I don't have the motivation anymore.  I work hard for my footie money and I am not going to spend it on being depressed.

Well if thats the case The_Laughing_Mariner, we need to be getting you to more matches  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 118
monkeyboy
October 14, 2017, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Hagrid
Blaming the ref for jones putting a penalty WIDE of the goal. My god ive heard it all now

Not just the ref to be fair, the crawley players created what happend with the ref taking so long knowing he is a stickler. sorry but its a pressure situation taking a penalty and having to long to think about it does not help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 118
Perkins
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Anyone who red crosses a post that is critical of Slade or his so called style of play has obviously not been to Blundell Park for quite some time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 118
denni266

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Now that was conference level football.. only a bit more boring.. wasnt going to go but did. there wasnt even any decent ships in the river to watch.  summerfield did the simple things ok and was alwase looking up before he passed ,dembele  too deep. front two could have been picked from the crowd . and how we survived some of the goal mouth antics i will never know .. the choir in there end corner was good tho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 118
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 14, 2017, 6:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10

I just knew listening to the radio he was going to miss.

SOMM,  it was despite my presence not because of it

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 118
Badger57
October 14, 2017, 6:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Hey Mr.GYFR are you enjoying this season? Are you enjoying seeing Sladeball again? Are you happy to see support dwindling away by the week? Do you think you made a good decision bringing Slade back? Do you think you do a good job as (non) chairman? Do you think you ever will do in the future?
I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I don't.I don't, I don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.