mariner83
October 16, 2017, 7:38am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Just watched extended highlights wow a missed pen and one proper save from both keepers, glad I didn't have to do the 90mins

Wasn't going to watch them, but now I'm intrigued cos I've no idea what they could have shown to get extended highlights.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 110 - 118
jonnyboy82
October 16, 2017, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Sladey used to love a bit of pace on either wing with a quick striker and a strong striker , now he seems petrified to have pace and power in his team and it frustrated the shut out of me apart from dembele we have no direct pace and power in our team.

The central defence has no pace , Osbourne should be in there for one of the others to have at least a bit of pace to balance it out.

We have bolly and dj sat in the stands we have Mitch rose who is no world beater but will bring pace in midfield sat in the stands .

Our midfield is slow and pedestrian , our strikers are slow and pedestrian with Vernon and Jones while they are there to do a job are just not going to run at and cause defences problems .

The players we need in the team are dj and dembele deliver on either wing , we need rose in midfield and Osbourne at the back to liven the whole team up,  the strikers are just not good enough if you ask me and this is were we could do with asante to see if he can at least offer us some pace and power up front  as right now It's just so slow and boring ..

I think the players we have sat on the stands now deserve a run in the team to see if we can at least show the fans something to be excited about because the way we are atm is simply Crap.

I just think a 4231 like this could help us .

Macca
Dixon
Osbourne
Collins
Davies
Rose
Summerfield
Bolarinwa
Dembele
Jayiseimi
Jones

Dembele more central behind Sam Jones and bolly and dj more wide behind at this present time is something i would like to see..

Won't happen and expect the same old slow carthorse football Saturday though  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 118
moosey_club
October 16, 2017, 10:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from mariner83

Wasn't going to watch them, but now I'm intrigued cos I've no idea what they could have shown to get extended highlights.

at a guess....Jones chance first half, Dembele chance first half, McNerney header first half , penalty run , penalty.... maybe a couple of Dembele runs..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 118
TownSNAFU5
October 16, 2017, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Another dull, boring and lifeless game.  There is little or no motivation to attend, particularly, if you are also spending a lot of money travelling to matches.  Even Macca got bored and wondered out of his penalty area.  He nearly got caught with one breakaway and had to back-peddle quickly.

There is hope.  From the UF Barrattstander and I continued with our exciting "Humber Ships Game".  You count the ships or boats going up the humber versus the same coming out the humber.  Any ship passing the red buoy adjacent to the half-way line count as a "goal".  Ships only count during play. I lost 2 scores during HT and made one by 30 seconds.  

The final score was 8-6 to ships going up the humber.   It was exciting as the lead changes a few times. You could not see ships coming out from the port so this was unexpected action.  We got excited when a score was imminent.  Anyone who thinks I am joking was not at the game, or other dour home games.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 118
Maringer
October 16, 2017, 10:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from jonnyboy82

We have bolly and dj sat in the stands we have Mitch rose who is no world beater but will bring pace in midfield sat in the stands .

I don't disagree with you about the lack of pace in general, but I'd be surprised if Rose was any quicker than, say, Summerfield. Rose looks very strong, but quick he certainly isn't and I'd say his stamina looks to be a bit iffy to me as well - although he may have simply have struggled due to his breathing. He had to leave the pitch to use an inhaler in a game last month which doesn't indicate he's necessarily got his asthma under control.

I don't think Dembele or Jaiyesimi are actually particularly quick, either. Dembele is very nippy off the mark and can skip away from a challenge or two but, as seen at the weekend, he isn't quick enough to completely get away from the defence after beating them - he was caught much too easily when his shot was blocked after he ran through the middle. Not sure about Jaiyesimi, either. On the few occasions he's played, he looks to be quick enough but he's more of a player who tries to trick his way past defenders. I'm reminded of an interview I heard on RH when he joined us and a coach from one of his former clubs said he was a powerful runner, but not especially quick. Certainly quicker than Woolford, of course, but I reckon he's getting the nod because without him we'd have little experience in wide positions.

I'd certainly have Bolarinwa on the bench as an impact player because the sort of pace and power he has can cause tiring defenders all sorts of problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 118
mariner91
October 16, 2017, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
It amazes me that Kelly, who has done precisely nothing since signing, is on the bench ahead of Bolarinwa who at least causes problems with his directness.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 118
Jarmo.Is.God
October 16, 2017, 11:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from mariner91
It amazes me that Kelly, who has done precisely nothing since signing, is on the bench ahead of Bolarinwa who at least causes problems with his directness.

I heard someone ask Bolly when hes available again in the main stand, Bolly looked confused and just shrugged his shoulders...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 118
HistonMariner
October 17, 2017, 12:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +533
Gold Stars: 12
100%Correct.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 117 - 118
RoboCod
October 17, 2017, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Another dull, boring and lifeless game.  There is little or no motivation to attend, particularly, if you are also spending a lot of money travelling to matches.  Even Macca got bored and wondered out of his penalty area.  He nearly got caught with one breakaway and had to back-peddle quickly.

There is hope.  From the UF Barrattstander and I continued with our exciting "Humber Ships Game".  You count the ships or boats going up the humber versus the same coming out the humber.  Any ship passing the red buoy adjacent to the half-way line count as a "goal".  Ships only count during play. I lost 2 scores during HT and made one by 30 seconds.  

The final score was 8-6 to ships going up the humber.   It was exciting as the lead changes a few times. You could not see ships coming out from the port so this was unexpected action.  We got excited when a score was imminent.  Anyone who thinks I am joking was not at the game, or other dour home games.    

I tried it but my boat, the Ross Hannah was always offside

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 118
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.