12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
October 14, 2017, 5:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
I listened to the game whilst at work hoping it would pass the time. It really didnt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 118
Sigone
October 14, 2017, 5:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
Has it finished, can I go home, wheres everybody gone..You could of woken me up when you left.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 118
heppy88
October 14, 2017, 5:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from promotion plaice

For all the doom-and-gloomers we are now becoming an established league 2 club and disappointing as it was.....we drew with a team that away record reads before today W3 D2 L1.
Let's get real.

You must have pretty low standards and a high pain threshold to sit through that tripe and then have the audacity to come on here and call people doom and gloomers and to get real!! Win, lose or draw some of us like to be entertained, it’s not too much to ask is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 118
moosey_club
October 14, 2017, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Well........personally.....

Positives - first 45 mins we played the ball on the deck, we pressed high, had the lions share of territory and possession and there was some tidy interplay...keeper i think made a good block when Jones went through and Dembele's shot was blocked by a last ditch tackle although he maybe delayed in getting the shot off, we didnt lose.

Negatives -  zero pace about the game, pedestrian and obvious passes rather than cute ones , no left side going forward , lack of off the ball movement as the game went on, strikers + centre mid + left side had no pace to threaten , only one player able to regularly beat an opponent , substitutions had zero impact , Woolford !! how the fck does he start and finish a game, crowd flat as a pancake, dont think i got out of my seat more than once as a result of anything exciting , not one player today was a serious goal threat ,  set piece delivery fking awful , long throw option fking awful , cheap free kicks given away unnecessarily at either end.

Felt sorry for Jones who was clearly disrupted by the age the ref took to set the spot kick and then made him re-spot it before finally dragging it wide.

Flat, Flat and Flat against a below average Crawley side.  

Give us some pace Russ !!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 118
Madeleymariner
October 14, 2017, 5:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49

For all the doom-and-gloomers we are now becoming an established league 2 club and disappointing as it was.....we drew with a team that away record reads before today W3 D2 L1.
Let's get real.

Lets get real, its boring, people wont pay to be bored, we have just managed 3 draws at home against nothing teams, whats going to happen when a team with any ability comes to BP?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 118
Mrs Doyle
October 14, 2017, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
We played more exciting matches in the conference league. Dembele broke free once in the first half but was blocked before he could finish think he plays to deep to be a real threat. The slow hand clap was an indication of how bad we were they were extremely poor but still put in some lovely crosses and corners. The amount of time it took to take the peno certainly affected Jones the ref got more annoying as the game wore on with niggly free kicks. Having said that neither keeper had anything to do. Maybe D.J, may have been more effective than Hooper who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 118
Perkins
October 14, 2017, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Congratulations Slade, you've managed to do what no Manager has been able to do in over the last fifty odd years,of watching the Mariners, although you did come close during you're last tenure. You have just about destroyed any enjoyment I had of watching football at BP, in fact you have almost destroyed any interest in football in general. I used to look forward to home games, the enjoyment of watching MY team, but not anymore, you have destroyed that. Ninety minutes of pure boredom when the most excitement is when we win a corner which usually ends in sweet fa.
This will be the last season I buy a season ticket if you are still here, I'm not going to waste good money to watch that turgid incompetent crap you and your players continually churn out week after week.
Go, and go now, and take that awful, boring excuse for football with you. Or I for one won't be at BP next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 118
ginnywings
October 14, 2017, 5:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537

Let's get real.

It's not doom and gloom, it's apathy, which is worse. If it had been a half decent game and ended 2-2, i would have been happy with that. I want to see some football please. It's not too much to ask is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 118
Grimbiggs
October 14, 2017, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Another poor game and poor performance from Town. I should just copy and paste my comments from the Lincoln game, as it was that dire. Slade just wants to play long balls down the channels, frustrating and boring to watch. Whatever footballing intelligence they had at the start is soon knocked out of them. Once again Demebele was the only bright spark, but teams are cottoning on to him now, so it's easy to nullify a one man team. Jones rightly earned his chance with the debatable penalty decision, but it was a dreadful penalty, and on this and previous evidence I wouldn't let him take another. If you were a neutral you would think you were watching two teams in a relegation battle. Whilst we may be 12th the fact is we've yet to play what I would consider a decent side at home, and we are lucky that the likes of Port Vale, Forest Green and Chesterfield are even worse. Anyway in the next 3 games we've got the chance to redeem ourselves, with a better display and results, against more mediocre opposition. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 118
ginnywings
October 14, 2017, 5:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
It felt like an end of season nothing dead rubber.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.