This thread currently has 4,420 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Skrill
October 8, 2017, 1:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Always liked Danny Collins, think he is a great defender for league two and has been a consistent performer. The only gripe I have with our defense is the lack of pace, get a pacy centre-back alongside Collins or Clark or Osbourne then we have a solid foundation of experience and ability. The ex-Premier league player had an interview with humberside radio and talked about hoofball, how different the Sunderland training facilities are to ours (wonder why?) and a very interesting insight on the difference between Slades and Bignot's regimes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05j6l6t

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
October 8, 2017, 1:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
That was a good listen.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
lukeo
October 8, 2017, 7:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Listening to that it's the usual from when Slade was last here. Wack the ball into spaces behind the full backs and then if we get the ball back in midfield we have space to use it as the defence has dropped right off.. When it works it's great, but when it doesn't it's terrible. Collins to me sounds like he's confident thus team can just play football on the deck without this stupid tactic,hinting several times about Tuesday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
toontown
October 8, 2017, 9:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Unusually a very interesting football interview. Saying 'it's been asked do we get told to just hoof it forwards' he then basically confirms what many of us have said on here, it's punted long into the channels or certain spaces on the pitch. Interesting that according to the interview this is only meant to b for a certain amount of time before involving the wingers more. Perhaps that is why we were so bad first half yesterday if we were trying that all half before switching to a more footballing tactic 2nd half. His interview would suggest he thinks we would be better playing a more footballing style.
Also noted he seems to rate DJ as he mentioned him and Dembele every time he referred to wingers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Swansea_Mariner
October 8, 2017, 10:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Good interview, answers the question about whether the players are instructed to play the way we do clearly.

Also dispels the myth that MB was a complete buffoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
TheGoalKipper
October 8, 2017, 11:54am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from toontown
Unusually a very interesting football interview. Saying 'it's been asked do we get told to just hoof it forwards' he then basically confirms what many of us have said on here, it's punted long into the channels or certain spaces on the pitch. Interesting that according to the interview this is only meant to b for a certain amount of time before involving the wingers more. Perhaps that is why we were so bad first half yesterday if we were trying that all half before switching to a more footballing tactic 2nd half.

His interview would suggest he thinks we would be better playing a more footballing style.

Also noted he seems to rate DJ as he mentioned him and Dembele every time he referred to wingers.

This i agree with. We can play some good football if Slade allows them. The 2nd half against Vale showed that. Unfortunately he insists on hoofball in the first half.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Cloudy
October 8, 2017, 6:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Having listened to that I think some of the comments above are a little mis-leading.

Collins says that the ball is played into areas to get the opposition turning, especially in the first 15 mins of games, and when they are going back towards their own goal their is more space to play and get the wingers into the game.

Talk about having an agenda ffs
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Madeleymariner
October 8, 2017, 7:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Cloudy
Having listened to that I think some of the comments above are a little mis-leading.

Collins says that the ball is played into areas to get the opposition turning, especially in the first 15 mins of games, and when they are going back towards their own goal their is more space to play and get the wingers into the game.

Yes I believe that is the plan but its not often we get the defenders turning, its mostly just a hoof up in the air for defenders to head clear in front of them, not direct balls into the channels between defenders, big difference, maybe our defenders dont have the ability to pass the ball more than 10 yards accurately?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
forza ivano
October 8, 2017, 11:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Cloudy

I can't believe that some fishy posters are so biased against slade that they would avoid this and statistical evidence to keep on with their unjustified campaign to get him sacked. Bizarrely I thought that the people on this forum tended to support gtfc..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
LongEatonMariner
October 9, 2017, 10:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Are there two different interviews because the one I listened to was just an interesting look into what he likes in Training, how he thinks he can play on etc, nothing about hoodball etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
grimsby pete
October 9, 2017, 10:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from forza ivano

I can't believe that some fishy posters are so biased against slade that they would avoid this and statistical evidence to keep on with their unjustified campaign to get him sacked. Bizarrely I thought that the people on this forum tended to support gtfc..........

Agree I think some posters want us to change manager every 3 months.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
FishOutOfWater
October 9, 2017, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete

Agree I think some posters want us to change manager every 3 months.

There's only one poster on the Fishy though Pete, who can really influence any managerial changes  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Collins

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.