2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
October 8, 2017, 12:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,606
Gold Stars: 5
People say Eubank has no punch power he looked pretty devastating to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
October 8, 2017, 9:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Sigone
People say Eubank has no punch power he looked pretty devastating to me.

I've not heard people say that about Eubank Jnr, I did see an interview with Eubank Snr and he said his son is in the ring to win not hurt people.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Rick12
October 8, 2017, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Didnt see the fight but Ive seen him before and hes impressive and certainly has power .Saw Lee Selby last night and he looked good

Only thing with boxing is I dont like the way fighters records are sometimes manipulated to gain financial gain. Eg poor quality opposition is put in front of them to create boxing records of  won 30 and lost 0.

Read similar. Eg the better boxing journeyman will get less work

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
cmackenzie4
October 8, 2017, 12:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I watched him last night and have been following him closely, the lad has a lot of skill and definately has punching power, the only thing what let him down last night was that he got a caught with a couple of sloppy punches, but Chris’s combos were fantastic,  he’s got a long way to go to be as good as his dad was but still a very good fighter none the less,

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Grim74
October 9, 2017, 12:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Will be a good match up if he gets to fight Groves.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
moosey_club
October 9, 2017, 2:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Watched Andrew Selby on Channel 5 the other night, world title challenge eliminator bout i think it was, .....what a frustrating fighter he is, tonnes of speed, skill, trickery but wasted half the rounds showboating and d!cking about....has certainly got potential but several times he just leant on the ropes and let his opponent chin him....not talking about rope a dope tactic here...just stood there and let him have free shots to head and body.....
supremely self confident i suppose but to date he hasnt proven or won anything as a professional so a bit too early for all that shite.....if you have the skills just get in, beat your opponent as quickly as possible and get out with as little damage as possible.

Ritchie Woodhall was commentating and said he had coached him in the past and found him frustrating as he would just do whatever he wanted to do in the ring and ignored the corner.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
moosey_club
October 9, 2017, 2:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Didnt see the fight but Ive seen him before and hes impressive and certainly has power .Saw Lee Selby last night and he looked good

Only thing with boxing is I dont like the way fighters records are sometimes manipulated to gain financial gain. Eg poor quality opposition is put in front of them to create boxing records of  won 30 and lost 0.

Read similar. Eg the better boxing journeyman will get less work

Sometimes !!! Lol....always been the case in boxing...there is the odd boxer who will take fights no matter what to prove themselves as the best but once world titles are in the bag its usually...line up the bums...
mind you i seem to remember one British heavyweight coming up, might have been Gary Mason...who was something like 30-0 before he even fought for a recognised title, ie Commonwealth/ European never mind a world one.

even the great Rocky Balboa was protected by Micky from facing Clubber Lang  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Rick12
October 9, 2017, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from moosey_club

Sometimes !!! Lol....always been the case in boxing...there is the odd boxer who will take fights no matter what to prove themselves as the best but once world titles are in the bag its usually...line up the bums...
mind you i seem to remember one British heavyweight coming up, might have been Gary Mason...who was something like 30-0 before he even fought for a recognised title, ie Commonwealth/ European never mind a world one.

even the great Rocky Balboa was protected by Micky from facing Clubber Lang  
A lot of respect for fighters no matter how good or bad they are and more so for the ones that sacrifice things.Prime example being  Floyd Mayweather. Dedicated to his craft and never touched the alcohol to excess.Then you look at Ricky Hatton who boozed between fights and was a main reason why he was washed up in his mid 30s Got a book I still haven't read called journeyman and its a intriguing look at the basement fighters.

Tough sport

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeymen-Other-Boxing-Business-Perspective/dp/1909626538

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
moosey_club
October 9, 2017, 3:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
A lot of respect for fighters no matter how good or bad they are and more so for the ones that sacrifice things.Prime example being  Floyd Mayweather. Dedicated to his craft and never touched the alcohol to excess.Then you look at Ricky Hatton who boozed between fights and was a main reason why he was washed up in his mid 30s Got a book I still haven't read called journeyman and its a intriguing look at the basement fighters.

Tough sport

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeymen-Other-Boxing-Business-Perspective/dp/1909626538

Love watching a skilled boxer, my nephew boxes and is doing ok for himself at schoolboy level he has been invited into the GB training camp so goes along there every other week or so..when watching the shows he is on you see a right mixture of styles and ability from the tiny juniors upto the adults....big hitters.. relentess workers...artists
a couple of young local lads are very skilled and difficult to hit...although even at 12 and boxing 3  1 minute rounds some of them try and showboat.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
grimsby pete
October 9, 2017, 5:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Grim74
Will be a good match up if he gets to fight Groves.

Has Paul taken up boxing as well now ?   

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Eubank Jr Vs Avni Yildirim

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.