This thread currently has 15,269 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 8, 2017, 9:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I'd love to see him sign a contract extension but I can't see it happening in this day and age unless we make a tremendous offer, certainly at this point in the season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 69
Southwark Mariner
October 9, 2017, 12:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
Summerfield's pass is perfect...but it's Dembele's vision that sees the opportunity and you see him throw his arms out to guide Summerfield. The pass is still perfect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 69
TheRealJohnLewis
October 9, 2017, 8:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
The pass was good, the run was good, but the inaction and lack of communication between their left back and Gunning was the major factor.  A quick call from the left back and the pass could have been intercepted by Gunning.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 69
Garth
October 9, 2017, 9:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
The pass was good, the run was good, but the inaction and lack of communication between their left back and Gunning was the major factor.  A quick call from the left back and the pass could have been intercepted by Gunning.

Shudder to think about that and the mangled body of our wee lad after the thuggery treatment that would have occured
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 69
Chips44
October 9, 2017, 9:46am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +127
Not sure the pass could have been intercepted.  The ball was not only directed perfectly , but hit with pace.  Instantly controlled by Dembele and expertly finished.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 69
Hertsmariner
October 9, 2017, 10:03am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
Not sure you'll see a better executed move and goal than that all season. The decoy movement of Jones pulled the defender out to create the space for Dembele to 'ghost' in behind. The inch-perfect pass was reminiscent of Dembele's to Jones for his goal in the opener at Chesterfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 69
grimsby pete
October 9, 2017, 11:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from lukeo
He deserves a pay rise and contract extension? Behave! Imagine me going into work and asking for a pay rise because I'm good at my job.

Depends on what level you started work at,

If and I think he is one of the lower paid of the 1st team because he had no experience of league football before us,

Or do you think he is one of the highest paid ?

If I am right then he deserves   a pay rise for two reasons,

1. He has proved he can play at this level,

2.  The length of his contract will either get us a bigger fee or we will be able to hold onto him longer.

Finally if you are good at your job ,what have you got to lose in asking for a rise. ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 69
Tinymariner
October 9, 2017, 12:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I think the build up play to the goal is great. The passing from the right wing, across the goal and back out was brilliant, never mind the through ball from Summers. Great team work, great to see, Lets build on that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 69
October 10, 2017, 10:13am
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo
He deserves a pay rise and contract extension? Behave! Imagine me going into work and asking for a pay rise because I'm good at my job.

He was signed as a prospect, his first pro contract so I doubt he'll be on a lot. The trouble here is, we have an option to extend his contract until July 2019, presumably on the same money.

From the players point of view, he'll want a new negotiated contract, perhaps if we up his wages to a livable wage he may sign an extension to three years which would only enhance his transfer value. He isn't that young at 21 (although according to wiki and FIFA, his age is up for some debate despite being born in England), a sad indictment of the scouting in the country that a player of this quality wasn't picked up by a club earlier, no doubt they looked at his size and dismissed him.

From the clubs point of view, and I suspect this is how it will play out, the 'board' can activate his extension for little cost. May result in a player who feels he is a key member of the first team on much less than players that can't even get in the squad and he would probably push for a move sharpish (who wouldn't?).

I hope we can keep him, it would be great for us and Dembele as he is playing at Town and progressing at a great rate. I think he could play in the championship NOW, and could go on to play in the Premier League. He is way too good for us and for this level of football after a handful of games, but he should stay and progress for a year or two, probably not three.

Interesting fact according to wiki: Karamoko Dembele is his brother, some may have heard of him. He's at Celtic, and is a real prodigy, expect to see him on FM 17/18 as a Wonderkid. There have been calls for Scotland to cap him early as England also think he could become a full international and have called him up for youth squads.
Reply: 38 - 69
Mrs Doyle
October 10, 2017, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
No doubt he will have a agent rubbing his hands together at all these accolades whats the betting he scoop up all the end of season awards and sodomist off. If he's here that long.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.