7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 7, 2017, 9:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
He deserves a pay rise and contract extension? Behave! Imagine me going into work and asking for a pay rise because I'm good at my job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 69
fleabag1970
October 7, 2017, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
If he isn't tied down he will go to Scunny . Fact

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 69
fleabag1970
October 7, 2017, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 69
chaos33
October 7, 2017, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from fleabag1970

But he is , fact. So if he goes there, it'll cost them.

Some gross overreacting on this thread. He's scored 1 professional goal in league football. That's 1.

He has an enormous amount to learn and has great potential, but has produced a very small amount thus far. He has a lot more to prove before a bigger club come and take him IMO.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 69
Cloudy
October 7, 2017, 10:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
The lad was absolutely beaming when he scored and at the end of the game
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 69
Marinerz93
October 7, 2017, 10:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
An exciting prospect and great to watch but he is far from the finished article and with more to learn who better to teach him than Wilkie. I would say he is at least a couple of seasons away from a big move.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 69
HertsGTFC
October 8, 2017, 12:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from chaos33

But he is , fact. So if he goes there, it'll cost them.

Some gross overreacting on this thread. He's scored 1 professional goal in league football. That's 1.

He has an enormous amount to learn and has great potential, but has produced a very small amount thus far. He has a lot more to prove before a bigger club come and take him IMO.

This👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 69
promotion plaice
October 8, 2017, 12:38am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

I'm getting a bit concerned about the fishy tonight.......this talk about high heels and tied down  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 69
MarinerGaz
October 8, 2017, 8:41am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
His part yesterday was worth the entrance fee alone, scoring the winner topped it off. A good run halfway through the first half and a decent shot soon after, you could then see how nervous they were around him. The audacious turn that gave him space to get into the box resulted in the corner Jones scored from, but they were buckling under our early second half pressure at that point. Not everything came off for him but he puts that fear and doubt in the opposition when he’s on it. It’s too early to tell where his raw talent will take him, it looks like he’s eager to learn and improve, and nobody put more effort in for the cause which speaks volumes. I think more performances like yesterday could be on the horizon, and if so others will start to take note. There would possibly be more end product in a better team, still too much of a gamble at this stage for bigger money so hopefully he’ll be with us at least into next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 69
Chips44
October 8, 2017, 8:53am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +127
Quotes from the Port Vale forum.   Positives: Atmosphere during 1st half, effort levels during first half, chance creation during first half, Whitfield, Harness, Gibbons, Denton, seeing a player as talented as Dembele      

Side note; their winger who scored the 2nd, Dembele, is the older brother of the Scottish lad Karamoko Dembele who made headlines for playing for the Celtic U20s when he was like 13. What a talent he is. Terrorised us today and the bit of skill he performed in the 2nd half in front of the Railway by the corner flag left me staggered. Cracking run and finish for their 2nd too. He'll go very far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.