MrsMariner
October 8, 2017, 6:20pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

it might be against fat bin men but...its fat postmen that are playing against them....all relative to the level you are at.....it was a nice pass....but the run of Dembele and  Vale's pathetic offside trap that had the bigger influence.
Not trying to take anything away from Summers as he still had to see it and execute it ....but ...it wasnt a ridiculous piece of skill that the crowd drew breath at....it was a 15? yd pass into a yawning gap.

Regardless of how you rate it ...it was still lovely to see it from a Town point of view after 11 games of "strategic" long ball to the front men.

When you've watched Town for the past six or seven seasons, it was a ridiculous piece of skill that I drew breath at, been longing to see play like that since the days of Cockerill & Cunnington
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 74
moosey_club
October 9, 2017, 8:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from MrsMariner

When you've watched Town for the past six or seven seasons, it was a ridiculous piece of skill that I drew breath at, been longing to see play like that since the days of Cockerill & Cunnington

Fair point.. well made  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 74
bedders78
October 9, 2017, 9:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from MrsMariner

Pinault could've made that pass while simultaneously rolling a homosexual

edit: The last word was common slang for a cigarette, but I quite like the image the swear filter throws up

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 74
louth_in_the_south
October 9, 2017, 9:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Now that I would pay £££££ to watch

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 74
louth_in_the_south
October 9, 2017, 9:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Btw cunnington and cockerill would have struggled to make that pass . Passing wasn’t their strongpoints

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.