sonofmadeleymariner
October 8, 2017, 12:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from forza ivano

Christ on a bike .slade out? I'm surprised fenty slade et al don't walk away from the club when they read moronic comments like that. Just to remind you. Last 6 games =  3,drawn 2, lost 1.that 11 points in 6 games, which over the season would result in c.85 points. Still I suppose even quoting facts like that is pointless with brain dead idiots  like you

I'm sorry if a boring local derby draw where all we did was hoof the ball up hopelessly, a game we managed to snatch a draw from and a game where we just managed to just beat a relegation battling side before nearly throwing it away are good enough for you. We have a squad that isn't good enough which was desperately put together, boring hoof and hope football, no obvious tactics and you still want to support that because he's managed to draw to midtable teams and beat 2nd off bottom. I will be shocked if Slade manages to maintian that form, he'll shoot himself in the foot back to hoof football like the first half of today instead of the passing football thats has helped us beat, Vale, Accrington, Yeovil and Chesterfield.

Slade Out and it will be Slade out every match win draw or lose as he is clueless we might as well of kept Bignot on at least he played attractive football to go with the up and down results. But then again I suppose dwindling attendences, mixed form and weekly trips to the chiropractor is good enough for happy clapper brain dead people like you.

Slade Out

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
ginnywings
October 8, 2017, 12:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538

I'm sorry if a boring local derby draw where all we did was hoof the ball up hopelessly, a game we managed to snatch a draw from and a game where we just managed to just beat a relegation battling side before nearly throwing it away are good enough for you. We have a squad that isn't good enough which was desperately put together, boring hoof and hope football, no obvious tactics and you still want to support that because he's managed to draw to midtable teams and beat 2nd off bottom. I will be shocked if Slade manages to maintian that form, he'll shoot himself in the foot back to hoof football like the first half of today instead of the passing football thats has helped us beat, Vale, Accrington, Yeovil and Chesterfield.

Slade Out and it will be Slade out every match win draw or lose as he is clueless we might as well of kept Bignot on at least he played attractive football to go with the up and down results. But then again I suppose dwindling attendences, mixed form and weekly trips to the chiropractor is good enough for happy clapper brain dead people like you.

Slade Out

Doesn't that rather negate your argument?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
sonofmadeleymariner
October 8, 2017, 12:06am
Vodka Drinker
4 games out of 12 not really, especially when he persists on returning to hoof ball "tactics".

Slade Out.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
HertsGTFC
October 8, 2017, 12:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217

Slade Out

If you think the team under Bignot played “attractive football” then my friend your deluded as we where pretty much just as bad under him as we are under Slade.

Where a mid table Division 4 club FFS deal with it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
forza ivano
October 8, 2017, 12:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Just back home. Like already said a gmae of two halves, Vale were better in the first half passing the ball and deserved to lead after a Macca clanger. Vale had a number of close calls and our best came from two long range shots from Dembele and Dixon as all we provided going forward was hoof ball as we sat back.

2nd half, we were the better team as shock and horror pressing high and passing the ball on the deck to either feet or into space allowed us to cut our way through Vale. Jones scored a good header and deserved something today after doing a lot of running for no reward in first half. Dembeles scored a good goal after a great run and assist off Vernon. Dembele should of had a hatrick today really but for some great keeping. Then we let Vale back in after a series of negative Subs and a change of tactics. Matt up front on his own and a flat midfield who sat on the edge of the box except for Woolford and Summerfield.

MOM I could pick 4 today, Dembele, Summerfield, Vernon or Davies.

Slade Out.

Try reading the first half of your second paragraph.dsmned by your own words. Btw I'm no happy clapper am completely ambivalent towards slade, but if you think Bignot would be getting more success then you are a footballing idiot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
sonofmadeleymariner
October 8, 2017, 12:40am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you think the team under Bignot played “attractive football” then my friend your deluded as we where pretty much just as bad under him as we are under Slade.

Where a mid table Division 4 club FFS deal with it.

We played alot better football under Bignot then Slade, the results were just as bad but at least I could watch without hurting my neck or falling asleep. Bignot got it wrong with his team selections and tactics but bare Gunning (and I liked Gunning as bad as he was) he brought in some good players which resulted on Town fans turning on him. Slade's has assembled a sub bar squad except for Dembele and Woolford and has had a series of bad results and hoof ball"tactics" which is resulting in Tiwn fans turning on him. Its just happy clappers can't say anything bad about the club, I was shot down for bemoaning the signing of Kelly and Hooper and despite seeing them play fans on here still can't bring themselves to see the trueth and defend them to the hilt.

WIth Slade we won't even be trying for the playoffs, never mind top 3 he said he wanted. I know where we are in the league and I don't think we'll ever be challenging much higher then League 1 but I at least want a manager who makes it look like we could challenge, rather then one that makes me check the score of teams below us in the league.

Slade Out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
mariner91
October 8, 2017, 12:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
The football under Bignot was dire. I suppose you enjoy shipping three goals in 20 minutes to a team that hasn't scored for 5 games? Or losing 5-1 at home to local rivals. Give over.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
sonofmadeleymariner
October 8, 2017, 12:59am
Vodka Drinker
Can happy clappers not read? I'm not saying the results were good under Bignot, but the football he had us playing was. Results at times were excrement, but under Slade we aren't much better OK we don't concede as many goals in a match thats the differnce. After 7 more games I would like to see the difference between Bignot and Slades win to loss ratio as I bet they will be very similar if not the same.

Slade Out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
forza ivano
October 8, 2017, 1:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Can happy clappers not read? I'm not saying the results were good under Bignot, but the football he had us playing was. Results at times were excrement, but under Slade we aren't much better OK we don't concede as many goals in a match thats the differnce. After 7 more games I would like to see the difference between Bignot and Slades win to loss ratio as I bet they will be very similar if not the same.

Slade Out.

Hurst had 17 points at exactly the same time last season.bignot got 18 points in his first 12  but went downhill from there on in. So slade is no better or worse than his 2 predecessors, but he still needs to be sacked obviously.i do detest blind prejudice
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
Mrs Doyle
October 8, 2017, 7:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from ginnywings

Against fat binmen who had a few bevvies the night before. Try doing it against seasoned professionals.  

Rubbish.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.