8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
October 7, 2017, 5:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
Game of 2 halves like ive never known. First half dreadful, a lot of anger and murmurings on the terraces, created nothing and long ball football. 2nd half the goal changed everything, passed our way through port vale, attacked on the wings and used vernons strengths especially, fantastic build up for the 2nd goal with dembele finishing superbly after an outstanding ball from summerfield, matt and woolford had chances to extend the lead, sat back last 10 and put ourselves under pressure with balls into our box causing some concern, thought vale were poor but take nothing away from us 2nd half, outstanding performace, now we MUT back it up, and get some momentum going
Logged Offline
Private Message
bobbyturtle
October 7, 2017, 5:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
A win is a win is a win Utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 74
Hagrid
October 7, 2017, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
MOM for me was Ben Davies- he was very very solud
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 74
Mariner93er
October 7, 2017, 5:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Second half was obviously much better than the first half, but vale were poor. Pleased for dembele who walked through them when given the ball to feet, and he deserved his goal. But as I said, vale were poor, and we still revert to the hood far too much when we had displayed to ourselves what we could do when we played to feet. A shout out for Summerfield too, who's quick balls out to the wing put vale in difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 74
headingly_mariner
October 7, 2017, 5:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,319
Gold Stars: 113
Gutted I couldn't make it. Sounds a cracking win though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 74
billo
October 7, 2017, 5:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +24
Stop Everything!  Don't sack the manager, the Chairman, the Board, the groundsman, the ball boy or the tea lady. We won a game today..

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 74
sonofmadeleymariner
October 7, 2017, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Just back home. Like already said a gmae of two halves, Vale were better in the first half passing the ball and deserved to lead after a Macca clanger. Vale had a number of close calls and our best came from two long range shots from Dembele and Dixon as all we provided going forward was hoof ball as we sat back.

2nd half, we were the better team as shock and horror pressing high and passing the ball on the deck to either feet or into space allowed us to cut our way through Vale. Jones scored a good header and deserved something today after doing a lot of running for no reward in first half. Dembeles scored a good goal after a great run and assist off Vernon. Dembele should of had a hatrick today really but for some great keeping. Then we let Vale back in after a series of negative Subs and a change of tactics. Matt up front on his own and a flat midfield who sat on the edge of the box except for Woolford and Summerfield.

MOM I could pick 4 today, Dembele, Summerfield, Vernon or Davies.

Slade Out.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 74
Madeleymariner
October 7, 2017, 6:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Davies had 6 simple crosses in 1st half each one cleared by the first man and continued in that vain 2nd half never man of the match, Someone needs to teach Macca to command the 6 yrd box as the goal was dreadful weakness from him, a Sunday League keeper would of caught that cross.
Now the 2nd half
Much better, for me Summerfield is the pick of the players at the moment, despite a couple of wayward passes, Dembele looked great with a bit of space to run into with the ball at his feet and his great dribble led to the corner we scored from. Everyone put a shift in but for me Woolford/Berrett the weaker players today.
Crazy subs from Slade, leaving us with 3 full backs and a lone striker on the pitch. and sinking into our own area allowing Vale to cross the ball from anywhere they liked and we could easily have conceded but for a bit of luck and their inability to finish.
Good win, papering over the hoofball cracks from the first half, against a team that had not won since the opening day of the season.
But cant beat winning against your local team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 74
MeanwoodMariner
October 7, 2017, 6:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Hagrid
fantastic build up for the 2nd goal with dembele finishing superbly after an outstanding ball from summerfield

Just wanted to emphasise this point. You won't see a better through ball anywhere this weekend than Summerfield's pass. Great vision, perfectly weighted, just superb.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 74
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2017, 6:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Good result - 3 points further clear of the bottom 2, move on to next week and maybe less neck ache!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 74
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.