This thread currently has 3,505 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
October 6, 2017, 2:51pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Just got into a bit of a muddle trying to move the "Refereeing" thread from Non Footy to the main board and now it seems to have disappeared altogether.

I'm not even sure who it was that started the thread asking about getting into refereeing, it might have been Dan Barker, but your best bet is to PM Gobby as I'm sure he has dealings with organising referee courses.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
October 6, 2017, 4:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Sorry Les you are fired  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Theimperialcoroner
October 6, 2017, 4:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,135
Gold Stars: 102
Lincs FA site has all the courses. Michael Brader is the Referrees Development Officer, good bloke to ask about it all too.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
GYinScuntland
October 6, 2017, 5:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,235
Gold Stars: 97
If you look at some of the useless fcukers we've had over the years it's probably best left there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
BarkerDan10
October 6, 2017, 6:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +202
It was me that started it les, thanks for helping get it moved.

Thanks for the help everyone I'll get in touch with the relevant people.

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saili.....589795010&sr=8-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Tommy
October 6, 2017, 9:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Dan,

The Gradely Junior League in the past (inc last season) have offered incentives or put people through refs courses if they can commit to doing games for them. I'd recommend getting in touch with the committee as well as looking at courses yourself on the Lincs FA site. Kids football maybe a good starting point to get used to being the man in the middle too.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Fat Cobra
October 7, 2017, 6:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Only shite footballers pretend to be referees, shite referees end up running the line, shite linesmens turn to being 4th officials (if they're lucky enough they become a prancing male masturbator behind the goal), once found out that they're shite at that they then get binned but still crave the enormous power they had to make or break someone's weekend so at some stage they all end up wearing a high vis vest on a Saturday afternoon making sure no one skips the turnstiles.
Refs = sharp objects on an ego trip.

If this hasn't put you off being one then good luck to you...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
realist
October 7, 2017, 9:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Only shite footballers pretend to be referees, shite referees end up running the line, shite linesmens turn to being 4th officials (if they're lucky enough they become a prancing male masturbator behind the goal), once found out that they're shite at that they then get binned but still crave the enormous power they had to make or break someone's weekend so at some stage they all end up wearing a high vis vest on a Saturday afternoon making sure no one skips the turnstiles.

Unbelievable.   Without officials there would be no competitive games.  I used to do it for the love of the game - I was a shite footballer but it allowed me to still be involved. It is only the same as marshals in motor racing, often maligned but essential and mostly volunteers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Theimperialcoroner
October 7, 2017, 5:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,135
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Hmm what could one say about keyboard warriors who don't have the balls to go out and do anything themselves?
You are a very silly boy.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
BarkerDan10
October 7, 2017, 6:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +202
Tommy

Thank you for your help, it's mainly junior League football I'm interested in refereeing, I refereed the year 6 schools event at St. James' School last week and really enjoyed it. I'll send a couple of emails and keep my eyes peeled with the Lincs FA.

Fat Cobra

Do you have children who enjoy playing football or have enjoyed it previously? Who do you think make/made it possible? People who drag their backside out of bed on a Sunday morning to get paid a meagre allowance (not the be all and end all) and have to put up with bile and drivel from dunderheaded individuals who think they're this town's second coming of Jose Mourinho. Some of us perhaps have a love for the game and want to see it continue whilst we still can before the grassroots game gets swept under the rug under the tidal wave of Premier League hegemony. I may not be the best footballer in the world (but by no means 'shite') but I find your opinion grossly misinformed and wonder what it is indeed you get out of responding to people in this manner, although the sense of security you receive behind the safety of your keyboard is probably a contributing factor.

I'm sorry to the vast majority of decent fishy posters for reacting to Mr Cobra in this manner and would once again like to thank everyone for their help.

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saili.....589795010&sr=8-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Refereeing thread in Non Footy forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.