16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
October 31, 2017, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Great evening of football and reminiscing. Not had so much fun in a football ground since Wigs at Woking.

Great to see the ex-players. Think they’ll be like the Laurie Mac squad in years to come.

Ace!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 159
Marinerz93
October 31, 2017, 11:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
2031 there tonight for a great evening of entertainment, Dizza and the players got a great reception and I'm glad I didn't  miss this game. It's probably the most on the ground football that BP has seen for some time with some lovely weighted passes with plenty of movement.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 159
Skrill
November 1, 2017, 12:03am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from Marinerz93
20031 there tonight for a great evening of entertainment, Dizza and the players got a great reception and I'm glad I didn't  miss this game. It's probably the most on the ground football that BP has seen for some time with some lovely weighted passes with plenty of movement.

Didn't know the BP could hold that many!   Good to know Osborne scored from the half way-line again.

Tweet 316134373063806976 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 159
davmariner
November 1, 2017, 12:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Was an excellent evening. Saw more football played in the first half than the whole of this season combined.

Noticed Bradley Wood, Sam Topliss, Brody Robertson were all due to play but didn't. Anyone any idea what happened there?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 159
arryarryarry
November 1, 2017, 12:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
I thought the reception all the players got from those that were there was brilliant apart from the few that booed Toto when he came on.

I was never his biggest fan but that wasn't called for.

Thanks Dis for what you did whilst you were here.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 159
Mrs Doyle
November 1, 2017, 4:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Entertaining game lovely passing from both sides marvelous what a bit of extra time and no pressure does although second half  the all stars lack of fitness levels visibly showed.

One lovely forward pass for Gregor Robertson never the quickest he just gave up on it look over to us and laughed great moment. lol.

The sheer pace of the current sides attack did them and D,J. showed why he should be starting games for us.

Osborne's goal was typical of the man and showed some lovely touches and passes. We need him back in the side ASAP.

The ball hardly ever launched in the air except Loyd's goal kicks that struggled to go thirty yards up field lol.

Great to see the old promotion/wembley winning squad back together.

The night belonged to Dizza though was well pleased so many attended on and off the field for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 159
Marinerz93
November 1, 2017, 7:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Skrill

Didn't know the BP could hold that many!   Good to know Osborne scored from the half way-line again.

Thanks, I have amended the attendance, guess I got carried away with a really good evening   and Osbornes goal was a great effort, poor old  Lloyd Griffith was left completely rooted after a couple of good saves.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 159
Maringer
November 1, 2017, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I didn't realise until I got home that we had a few triallists playing in the second half. Probably explains why they were trying a lot harder than you would expect from a slow-paced friendly match!

A lot of pace among the second half subs so it seems Slade is at least aware of what the squad is missing at present.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 159
chicaneuk
November 1, 2017, 11:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Really disappointed to not be able to make the game. Live several hours away from Blundell Park anyway so getting to a game is always a challenge on a weeknight, but was even further away this week due to work commitments so it was just never going to happen. Really wanted to get there to be honest.. I really only got into following the Mariners in the last decade, and so really the only success I've known for the club was our promotion - and of course that squad, and especially Disley, are the legends for me in the time I've followed the team.

Can only hope Disley comes back in some other capacity in the club in future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 159
moosey_club
November 1, 2017, 12:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from OllieGTFC
That Corie Andrews looked decent, no.22 couldn’t stay on his feet but all in all decent night for Our Legend

Absolutely agree with that, 17 was the liveliest and him Akheem Rose and Hooper certainly livened up our attacking third, good movement and runs off the ball as well as interaction between the three.
A sterner test for him against realistic opposition defenders is needed though to evaluate.

However...

it was Turgoose out on the right wing who was the suprise package for me....simple passing, kept possession and some cracking crosses in that put our first teamers to shame.

I previously posted having him and Lloyd Griffith included took a bit of shine off the event in the run up for me however i am happy to retract that statement now as Tommy's performance pleasantly suprised me and seeing Lloyd Griffith perform actually made me laugh, which is the first time i have ever said that about him.  Fair play to both of them.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 159
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.