2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Superdan147
October 3, 2017, 11:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
I know most saw this as a nothing game, but I must admit that I really liked the look of he line up when it was announced tonight. Barring 2/3 changes (probably macca and dembele in for killip and one of DJ/bolly, it's a team that could do really well IMO and better than the favoured 11 that RS seemingly as. I also reckon attendances would improve!

Looks like it has energy, pace, hunger that the current 11 is lacking. Easy for me to say now but I was thinking that sam Kelly could be a possible option for left back/wing back. I remember RS saying that he has played there before and would offer us pace, energy that the abysmal Dixon is clearly lacking.

Clifton and rose would give us so much energy and desire in the middle of the park and COULD become a pairing that could last a few seasons. K Osborne also adds pace that Clarke is lacking. Unsure about what front two would be best but hopefully Asante can get fit and prove his worth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
October 4, 2017, 8:04am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Superdan147
I know most saw this as a nothing game, but I must admit that I really liked the look of he line up when it was announced tonight. Barring 2/3 changes (probably macca and dembele in for killip and one of DJ/bolly, it's a team that could do really well IMO and better than the favoured 11 that RS seemingly as. I also reckon attendances would improve!

Looks like it has energy, pace, hunger that the current 11 is lacking. Easy for me to say now but I was thinking that sam Kelly could be a possible option for left back/wing back. I remember RS saying that he has played there before and would offer us pace, energy that the abysmal Dixon is clearly lacking.

Clifton and rose would give us so much energy and desire in the middle of the park and COULD become a pairing that could last a few seasons. K Osborne also adds pace that Clarke is lacking. Unsure about what front two would be best but hopefully Asante can get fit and prove his worth.

No place for MOM Summerfield then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
dapperz fun pub
October 4, 2017, 8:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Garth

No place for MOM Summerfield then?

Clifton is better than summerfield but we have a manager who wants to play at a slow tempo. Even in our little spell in the second half versus Lincoln when we was on top Slade was shouting slow down .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Hagrid
October 4, 2017, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Clifton is better than summerfield but we have a manager who wants to play at a slow tempo. Even in our little spell in the second half versus Lincoln when we was on top Slade was shouting slow down .

What a ridiculous statement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
LondonMariner43
October 4, 2017, 11:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Last night's team shows a few things about the squad.  There have been complaints on here that we have few players of real quality.  Whether or not that is true, it does feel like we have a squad with depth - we have players to come in across the park who would not make the team worse and might add something.

We also have a lot of young players.  This is great and maybe shows some planning for the future.  However, Slade has said a few times that youth needs to be balanced with experience.

A few years back, it was suggested that Darren Mansaram was ruined as a player by being thrust into the team too young and leading the line for us in the 2nd tier.

Last night hinted for me that RS might actually have a longer term plan.  Do the best we can this year but nurture a group of young players who might be our 1st team nucleus for the future.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
arryarryarry
October 4, 2017, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Last night's team shows a few things about the squad.  There have been complaints on here that we have few players of real quality.  Whether or not that is true, it does feel like we have a squad with depth - we have players to come in across the park who would not make the team worse and might add something.

We also have a lot of young players.  This is great and maybe shows some planning for the future.  However, Slade has said a few times that youth needs to be balanced with experience.

A few years back, it was suggested that Darren Mansaram was ruined as a player by being thrust into the team too young and leading the line for us in the 2nd tier.

Last night hinted for me that RS might actually have a longer term plan.  Do the best we can this year but nurture a group of young players who might be our 1st team nucleus for the future.

Really?

He did what just about every manager does in this competition (including Scunny's) and played some players that don't normally get a start.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
dapperz fun pub
October 4, 2017, 1:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

What a ridiculous statement

Clifton being better than summerfield is my personal opinion but slade playing his brand of football which isn’t going down well with lots of our squad is fact not opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Hagrid
October 4, 2017, 2:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
How can you say that? He hasnt ever played a league game for us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
dapperz fun pub
October 4, 2017, 4:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
How can you say that? He hasnt ever played a league game for us!

Again my opinion but I’ve seen plenty of both and I stand by what I’ve said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Garth
October 4, 2017, 6:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Again my opinion but I’ve seen plenty of both and I stand by what I’ve said

The facts are simple, Summerfield was head and shoulders above any player on both sides Saturday and should make the team automatically this Saturday, other players whatever their age should earn the right to start
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Selection tonight/sam Kelly

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.