3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
October 2, 2017, 10:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
If the Catalans one day achieve the unthinkable and gain independence from Spain, Barcelona could be forced to quit La Liga.  Pretty sure there will be lots of leagues around Europe desperate for them to join, but with the wealth of the premiership surely they would have the biggest pulling power!
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
October 2, 2017, 10:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If they want independence then they should stick with a Catalan league. Barca v Sitges. It'd be like the Scottish League on steroids.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
October 2, 2017, 10:47pm
Guest User
They can sodomist off, we have much more right to just turn up and play in the premier league!
Reply: 2 - 23
Southwark Mariner
October 2, 2017, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If they want independence then they should stick with a Catalan league. Barca v Sitges. It'd be like the Scottish League on steroids.

hehe I want to quote the trainspotting "choose life" in Catalan....but not enough to actually do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
ginnywings
October 2, 2017, 11:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I think we will one day have a European League anyway with the top sides from England, Spain, France, Germany and Italy etc. The Champions League will keep expanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Abdul19
October 2, 2017, 11:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,546
Gold Stars: 215
There's no way La Liga would not want Barcelona in it.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
October 3, 2017, 8:00am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
I think we will one day have a European League anyway with the top sides from England, Spain, France, Germany and Italy etc. The Champions League will keep expanding.

Inevitable IMO, and I for one would welcome it. They can all sodomist off as far as I'm concerned and give us our game back.
Reply: 6 - 23
Rick12
October 3, 2017, 9:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Cant see Barcelona joining  the premiership myself though members of the Spanish FA have stated if Catalonia gains independence from Spain they will be ousted from the Spanish league

As for independence following Sundays vote Iam not sure what will happen as only 42% turned out but were 90% in favour of independence. Personally if they want to leave Spain I would let them but as reports stated on the BBC it has ramifications for the rest of Spain and also Europe so may not be a wise move.

Pique the Barcelona defender also voted for independence which has caused friction amongst Spanish supporters which has been evident by the jeering of him from Spanish supporters when he turns out for Spain .This has gone on for a while even prior to the vote as he hasnt been shy in airing his views on pro independence in the past . Likewise there has often been historic friction between the  Spanish contingent of players between Real Madrid and Barcelona. Interesting to note though that Iker Casillas tried to smooth things with Xavi as the simmering tension was started to affect the Spanish national team .Interestingly Mourinho didnt like the close friendship forged between Xavi and Casillas which had been ongoing since their childhood days . This in large part caused Casillas being dropped which in my view puts Mourinho in a bad light.

Hence it was this close bond between Iker Casillas and Xavi and the personality of Vicente Del Bosque which eased tension in the Spanish camp which allowed for the glorious success  Spain had between 2008 and 2012 .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
Sigone
October 3, 2017, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Rick12
as only 42% turned out but were 90% in favour of independence

The other 58% were getting a kicking from the police
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
grimslaa
October 3, 2017, 1:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +75
It'd be no different to Monacco playing in the French league would it?

Can't see La Liga kicking one of their biggest teams out of the league!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could Barca 1 day join the prem

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.