Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
October 2, 2017, 8:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

It would be nice if GTFC gave us some update on how things are progressing on the new stadium.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
crusty ole pie
October 2, 2017, 8:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from promotion plaice

It would be nice if GTFC gave us some update on how things are progressing on the new stadium.

You start to think people are not playing ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
moosey_club
October 2, 2017, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Its a bit drab....looks like they will be 3D printing all the buidling components..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
KingstonMariner
October 2, 2017, 9:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
What no Griffin pub?!  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
jimgtfc
October 3, 2017, 4:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
The club can't give us a day by day update on the new stadium, there will be lots of little hurdles to clear which won't be worth reporting and they will update us on any bigger decisions and these are the ones that usually take time. Also why announce every little detail that will just wake up all the nimbys again and draw bad press. I have no doubt that things are moving behind the scenes.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
realist
October 3, 2017, 4:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from jimgtfc
The club can't give us a day by day update on the new stadium, there will be lots of little hurdles to clear which won't be worth reporting and they will update us on any bigger decisions and these are the ones that usually take time. Also why announce every little detail that will just wake up all the nimbys again and draw bad press. I have no doubt that things are moving behind the scenes.

Maybe its because at the Q and A  in early August  "There are no updates, at present, but we understand there will be in the coming weeks"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
TownSNAFU5
October 3, 2017, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,852
Gold Stars: 42
Brentford recently had a change of plan and reduced the capacity by 3,000 to 17,000.  They decided to invest the savings made in the team.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
RichMariner
October 3, 2017, 9:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,142
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from jimgtfc
Also why announce every little detail that will just wake up all the nimbys again and draw bad press.

You mean why be honest and transparent when we could potentially sneak something past people who have a right to have a say on what happens in their community?

I completely understand that 'nimbys' are going to be everywhere and they're going to make things difficult, but I'd rather us be clear with what we're planning to do at every step of the way so that we know what's being built is above board and suitable for the future.

Because if it isn't, the bad press won't happen now - it'll happen in the future.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
KingstonMariner
October 3, 2017, 11:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RichMariner

You mean why be honest and transparent when we could potentially sneak something past people who have a right to have a say on what happens in their community?

I completely understand that 'nimbys' are going to be everywhere and they're going to make things difficult, but I'd rather us be clear with what we're planning to do at every step of the way so that we know what's being built is above board and suitable for the future.

Because if it isn't, the bad press won't happen now - it'll happen in the future.

Not only that, ending up with a bad design because you kept it too close to your chest, it ends up being very expensive to correct.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brentford's community stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.