4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 1, 2017, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,203
Gold Stars: 224
Following the gate announcement yesterday and subsequent widespread bemusement as the club did announce we were virtually sold out, only 800-900 left on Friday, can you confirm what the current capacity of BP actually is ?
Also why only open two turnstiles into the Pontoon when on a normal matchday there are usually at least 3 open ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Kristine
October 1, 2017, 9:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
I'd have to check for sure as it's been reduced slightly again because the length of the dugouts has extended blocking seats as well as the section in the lower off sale.  To clarify, which i'm sure you'll already know, that attendance isn't number of tickets sold its number of stubs given up.

Turnstiles - usually depends on when you arrive but could be down to a number of reasons including something as simple as somebody not turning up for work.

As I say i'd have to check both though.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
moosey_club
October 1, 2017, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,203
Gold Stars: 224
Thanks Kristine. If you could.

The capacity number would help as the sums just dont seem to add up, as per previous posts on here it was predicted that the gate would be announced less than 8000 despite it being billed as a virtual sell out, so perhaps the overall capacity is now closer to 8000 than we realise.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2017, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Do we know why they have closed off seats 1 - 28 in the first 2 rows of the Upper?

Was for safety or just the stewards had problems controlling the p1ssed idiots who used to sit on the first row from time to time?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
Jaws
October 2, 2017, 10:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Do we know why they have closed off seats 1 - 28 in the first 2 rows of the Upper?

Was for safety or just the stewards had problems controlling the p1ssed idiots who used to sit on the first row from time to time?

Think it's the latter as the first 3 seats of every row in the lower are closed off as well.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
friskneymariner
October 2, 2017, 10:40am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Whilst we are at it could you ask why the gate at the Pontoon is closed at the end of the match please.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
arryarryarry
October 2, 2017, 12:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I don't know if season ticket holders who don't attend the game are included in the total attendance but there were quite a few empty seats dotted around the Upper Youngs stand.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
barralad
October 2, 2017, 1:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't know if season ticket holders who don't attend the game are included in the total attendance but there were quite a few empty seats dotted around the Upper Youngs stand.

My understanding is that the gate is calculated on the number of stubs (ordinary and S/T) handed in at the gate. To my knowledge we have at least two fans who buy season tickets but NEVER come to games. To offset S/T holders not there will be those who've given their S/T to someone to use.
However:- The Pontoon palpably wasn't sold out. There were groups of seats in Row E, F and G at least that were empty.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
LH
October 2, 2017, 2:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
There has been two season tickets next to me for the last two seasons which have been sat in four times in that time. Pompey and Donny last season and Lincoln and I think Coventry this. I am told these are overflow seats for the prawn sandwich brigade downstairs but are still technically season tickets so if we ever want to take one extra seat we can’t use it. I’d guess that there are a few more of those dotted around the Upper too.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Kristine
October 2, 2017, 8:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
ST holders that don't attend are not included in the total so technically the system will include those and be 'sold out' as they can't be resold but then people don't turn up.

As far as I'm aware there have been issues with people in the front rows of the upper standing against the barrier which has led to complaints hence those being covered.

Pontoon gate, which one are we talking about as I sit in the Pontoon and not noticed anything closed?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO - Kristine...BP Capacity

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.