4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
October 2, 2017, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
I know he will be remembered for that goal at Wembley and for quite a few cracking goals whilst he was here and rightly so, I thought his performance on Saturday was quite similar to many he had here where he had little influence on the game.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
Hagrid
October 2, 2017, 12:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
think i most rememeber Nathan for-apart from the obvious- is a tuesday night game against gateshead? just after his mother passed, he was outstanding that night scoring both in a 2-1 win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
Mariner_09
October 2, 2017, 12:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
He was a sort of 1 in 6 type player who was often anonymous but always did his defensive work very well but every now and then was completely unplayable. If he played like he could every week then he’d play for Nottingham Forest or Shef Utd not a mid table 4th division side.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
TownSNAFU5
October 2, 2017, 1:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
I was about to post the same views.  He is much better than our current wingers. He was a good player for us.   However, he only had one good game in 4 or 5 matches.  This inconsistency, when added to the inconsistency of some other players, was of of the main reasons we did not finish as Champions during our spell in NL.

Some may argue that players at this level are often inconsistent. Although each champion winning team managed to be consistent more than Town over 46 games.  (And often went out of the FA Trophy early so to avoid fixture congestion and split priorities).  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.