This thread currently has 7,445 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mrsd
October 1, 2017, 6:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Im surprised they don't open up the old Ramsdens car park on match days, could be a money maker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
moosey_club
October 1, 2017, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from mrsd
Im surprised they don't open up the old Ramsdens car park on match days, could be a money maker

Why, when we can all park on Mr Sheard's front for free ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 1, 2017, 7:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
At one time there used to be bus services to and from BP on match days but it finished because there was no demand for it, just like there is no demand for bike parking in people’s front yards.

So many supporters come from a fair distance especially as the council has busily encouraged new houses out of town for years now. Very few people around BP were in their homes in those days, they all bought them knowing that the streets round there are choked every night not just on match days but of course the gates were low. Now there are more fans and there are more cars.  So in the end, sorry but I can have little sympathy for Mr S. .

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2017, 9:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
At one time there used to be bus services to and from BP on match days but it finished because there was no demand for it, just like there is no demand for bike parking in people’s front yards.

So many supporters come from a fair distance especially as the council has busily encouraged new houses out of town for years now. Very few people around BP were in their homes in those days, they all bought them knowing that the streets round there are choked every night not just on match days but of course the gates were low. Now there are more fans and there are more cars.  So in the end, sorry but I can have little sympathy for Mr S. .

My sister who started going late 60s(?) said there used to be hundreds of bikes just left on the ground outside the ground. None were locked because they were all the same and everyone had one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
TAGG
October 1, 2017, 9:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
There are always traffic wardens around here on match day..
Like I've said before the ground was here before anyone that lives around here.
I suggest if they dont like it flipping move 👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2017, 9:34pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
There are always traffic wardens around here on match day..
Like I've said before the ground was here before anyone that lives around here.
I suggest if they dont like it flipping move 👍

Yep. It was an edge of town development. Think as far as Neville Street might have been built at that point. The rest of the area was open fields - according to Bob Lincoln, the board considered a proposal of buying all the available land up to have a cricket pitch, tennis courts etc. to turn it into a multi-sports complex. Had they accepted the proposal we'd have had enough room to build a swanky new stadium with parking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
Maringer
October 1, 2017, 10:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from KingstonMariner

My sister who started going late 60s(?) said there used to be hundreds of bikes just left on the ground outside the ground. None were locked because they were all the same and everyone had one.

My Dad lived in a house on one of the streets near the ground during the 50s (Tiverton Street, perhaps - can't remember which one) and I'm pretty sure he mentioned something about people paying to leave their bikes in the front yard during a game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2017, 10:16pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

My Dad lived in a house on one of the streets near the ground during the 50s (Tiverton Street, perhaps - can't remember which one) and I'm pretty sure he mentioned something about people paying to leave their bikes in the front yard during a game!

Yeah, someone else said that. Her and her mates used to turn up well into the first half and just leave their bikes with hundreds of others outside and get in for nowt or next to nowt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
1mickylyons
October 2, 2017, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,258
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from realist
There was talk of it being around £10. I think that is sufficiently high to make people park close by and walk. I don't blame them either as it is expensive enough as it is for a game. I think these ventures should be forced to give free parking.

Probably the best compromise is to give STH a parking permit of the season for say £40.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
friskneymariner
October 2, 2017, 11:23am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I for one would not renew my season ticket if parking was over £5.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parking around Blundell Park

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.