Reply: 20 - 59
realist
October 1, 2017, 11:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Years ago I used to get the bus when they laid on loads of extra ones but gave up after being stranded one time too often. I now walk to the station and get a train to Grimsby.

But this "ownership" of the road out side houses is spreading. I had got abuse for parking in town legally because I was in someones place.    This is where there was once a residents parking scheme which stopped when they wouldnt pay the increased fee.   Trouble is they have the advantage because we are all in fear of having our car vandalised. What happened to the enterprising young kids that used to watch you car for a bob?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2017, 11:42am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
People knocking down their front walls to create extra parking for themselves and expecting you not to park in front of their house (not just where there is a dropped pavement) is one of the bad habits round here. But I digress.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
friskneymariner
October 1, 2017, 11:45am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Why not open up the Imp car park would help a bit.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
LH
October 1, 2017, 12:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
That happens up here too KM. I’ve seen someone paint the line on the road themself too!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
sonofmadeleymariner
October 1, 2017, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
They should of turned the Leaking Boot into car parking space, not a bad distance from the sea front or the ground.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
ginnywings
October 1, 2017, 1:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,085
Gold Stars: 547
Always makes me laugh how apoplectic people get over cars and parking. As soon as sites for a new ground were mentioned, the first thing you get is the words "traffic congestion" thrown into the mix. I walk to the ground and back, totalling about three miles down Carr Lane, Queen Mary Ave and past Sidney Park. Must see about a dozen road rage incidents on my walk with cars snarled up, especially down Park View- it's hilarious. Was especially bad yesterday with all the extra fans. Unfortunately, when most towns were built and football grounds sited, no one knew how popular cars would become. Towns simply were not built to handle all this traffic. Try walking; it's good for you and after a particularly sh1te match, i've calmed down a lot by the time i reach home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
ginnywings
October 1, 2017, 1:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
They should of turned the Leaking Boot into car parking space, not a bad distance from the sea front or the ground.

No they shouldn't. Too many car parks and building houses there was a much better use of the space.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
rancido
October 1, 2017, 3:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GrimRob
"Mr Sheard" sent me this article which I am putting on here.

Why is it that supporters want to park their cars etc outside the ground, and in so doing foul up the streets around Blundell Park?
There is a super bus service in both directions in Grimsby Road, so why not park and ride?

I see cars literally abandoned each home game, parked illegally, on house and shop fronts, across drives and pavement drops. Why do they do it? Come on you “supporters”, you would not stand for this at your own homes, you would want to get in and out, or park on your own drive. There is a good case for a park and ride and serious enforcement. Both would provide safe, trouble-free parking and clearer street for all persons, be they fans or just pedestrians, to enjoy a better experience.

Now tell me I am wrong.

Exactly but unfortunately fans think it's different  as regards BP. I keep hearing this comment about " if you buy a house near the ground then you should expect it" , well that is complete ballocks in so many ways. Car ownership has greatly expanded over the last twenty years but there has been no increase in car parking facilities near BP. A lot of those people who live in the surrounding streets have probably lived their quite some time and seen this problem get worse. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to park on your own front, a situation that most people in suburbia take for granted.
I have read all the posts on this thread and the saddening thing is the total arrogance of some posters who don't even consider the locals problem as long as they can park where they want on matchdays. It may not be illegal to park where some of them do but surely there must be a sense of social conscience if they were in a similar situation.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
ginnywings
October 1, 2017, 3:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from rancido

Exactly but unfortunately fans think it's different  as regards BP. I keep hearing this comment about " if you buy a house near the ground then you should expect it" , well that is complete ballocks in so many ways. Car ownership has greatly expanded over the last twenty years but there has been no increase in car parking facilities near BP. A lot of those people who live in the surrounding streets have probably lived their quite some time and seen this problem get worse. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to park on your own front, a situation that most people in suburbia take for granted.
I have read all the posts on this thread and the saddening thing is the total arrogance of some posters who don't even consider the locals problem as long as they can park where they want on matchdays. It may not be illegal to park where some of them do but surely there must be a sense of social conscience if they were in a similar situation.

Why is it complete balderdash? It stands to reason that if you buy a house near a major venue that attracts thousands of people, then the amount of cars that appear when there is an event happening will increase dramatically. If you have a valid tax disc, you can park anywhere you like as long as it's not in an illegal spot. If that happens to be "on somebody's front", then so what? They purchase the house, not the street in front of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parking around Blundell Park

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.