6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
October 1, 2017, 4:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,512
Gold Stars: 215
Agreed. This team must be rivalling ABIII's for lack of pace.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
Impish2
October 1, 2017, 8:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from RoboCod
Dissapointing about Matt. Had hopes he'd lead the line and get us scoring. Slade's original No 9 target apparently, then Hooper got the nod (and the No 9) then Matt joins and hardly sets the place alight. Not many goals coming this season, although if Lincoln can't get a goalscorer with the £20 Trillion pounds they're amassed there may be a national shortage.

Both Matt and Jones not on song today, should be grateful to get the point I suppose but we need a local lad, or another Bogle, a striker who is really up for it.

Wasn't at the game but sounds like a scrappy draw with little quality on show for both sides. Always good to take at least a point away though.

We will no doubt strengthen more in January, only have a squad of about 19. A proven scorer must be top of DC list, can we find one though, he seems to have struggled in the earlier transfer window.  I think clubs know we have a bit of cash set aside so are ramping any price up accordingly.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
Mrs Doyle
October 1, 2017, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Fair point Impish we have a massive squad tbf but not a lot of real quality it is a bit of a burden to Slade if he is honest.

We do have a couple of decent players injured but lack of chances made yesterday sums up our problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
RoboCod
October 1, 2017, 9:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Maringer
I like Bolarinwa, though don't claim he's the answer to our problems. I can't help but think his pace and power could be used to great effect as a sub coming on for the last half hour or so. Not many full-backs would like to face that after they've been playing for an hour.

Of course, even if he did play, we'd probably still fail to get the ball to him in useful positions often enough. A bit failing with the way we're playing at the moment.

Agree about Tombola, sometimes it's a bit detrimental to the player to smooth out the flaws that players like him have as that's what makes him unpredictable.
I'm very surprised though that a Town team with Tombola, Woolford, Jaiyesimi  and Dembele in it aren't a lot more exciting to watch. Sniping aside, that for me is the main legitimate compaint aimed at Slades management.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
Marinerz93
October 1, 2017, 11:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Impish2

Wasn't at the game but sounds like a scrappy draw with little quality on show for both sides. Always good to take at least a point away though.

We will no doubt strengthen more in January, only have a squad of about 19. A proven scorer must be top of DC list, can we find one though, he seems to have struggled in the earlier transfer window.  I think clubs know we have a bit of cash set aside so are ramping any price up accordingly.

This is the fishy, a Grimsby Town fan forum, and not the Lincoln Vital a minimalist forum for 5 Lincoln fans  

so....

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gXxnoZj.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match threas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.