This thread currently has 3,961 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
September 29, 2017, 10:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
In over 40 years of supporting Town, I cannot ever remember a more low key / low moral derby than the one against Lincoln tomorrow.  We are such a poor outfit this season, that I like the vast majority of Town fans don't expect us to get anything out of tomorrows game at all.  Lincoln will not have to play very well to take all three points away.  Sadly, if we do lose, I can see this being the last game of the season for many of the floating Town fans as well.  To be fair, we have barely played one good game all season so far, and we have stuttered to a few wins, playing with no style or plan at all.  Slade looks nothing like the manager who first came to GTFC all those years ago, and I fear he has simply been drafted in as yet another fall guy.  We have no real playing budget that is for sure, or why the hell would our squad be like it is ???  Unless dramatic changes are made, the great support we have will get to a bare 3,000 and the away numbers will fall in line with this as well.  Would it have been so difficult to recruit more talent in the summer, and so expensive ???  I think not.  We have an apathetic Board of directors who merely expect us to turn out year in year out, despite how we are playing, they take our loyal support for granted season in season out.  We are a pub team at best this year, but lets hope we pull something out of the bag tomorrow and spoil those tramps from Lincolns day out.  Going forward, things look bleak for Town, and I honestly don't expect Slade to last the season out.  Without some drive and direction, we could easily see ourselves back in non-league football unless certain people don;t start to show a very small amount of drive and ambition.  Time will tell, but this current squad is one of the worst I have ever seen in over 40 years at BP.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2017, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
8000 people disagree about tomorrow's match.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Hagrid
September 29, 2017, 10:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Fed up of the same threads now, been the same since tuesday, just get behind the team now till 3pm tomorrow and if its as bad as what everyone is thinking, then feel free to vent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
samg
September 29, 2017, 10:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
You've got a better way with words than what I have in my previous post of '30 years'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
ginnywings
September 29, 2017, 10:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Christ, how many more doom and gloom threads are we going to get?

Pub team? Worst in 40 years? You said all that about Bignot last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Mariner93er
September 29, 2017, 10:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Our first games in the conference against them were when both teams were outside the play off places. I'm much more enthuastic and happier to be going to tomorrow's game than a mid table conference version of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Tommy
September 29, 2017, 10:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Nearly a home sell out so can't be that low key.

Also, we're playing Lincoln, who look like mid-table fodder much like ourselves, so I don't get all the people so sure that "we're gonna get beat." Its a mid table L2 team, not Barcelona.

UTM

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
promotion plaice
September 29, 2017, 11:03pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
In over 40 years of supporting Town, I cannot ever remember a more low key / low moral derby than the one against Lincoln tomorrow.  We are such a poor outfit this season, that I like the vast majority of Town fans don't expect us to get anything out of tomorrows game at all. Lincoln will not have to play very well to take all three points away.  Sadly, if we do lose, I can see this being the last game of the season for many of the floating Town fans as well.  To be fair, we have barely played one good game all season so far, and we have stuttered to a few wins, playing with no style or plan at all.  Slade looks nothing like the manager who first came to GTFC all those years ago, and I fear he has simply been drafted in as yet another fall guy.  We have no real playing budget that is for sure, or why the hell would our squad be like it is ???  Unless dramatic changes are made, the great support we have will get to a bare 3,000 and the away numbers will fall in line with this as well.  Would it have been so difficult to recruit more talent in the summer, and so expensive ???  I think not.  We have an apathetic Board of directors who merely expect us to turn out year in year out, despite how we are playing, they take our loyal support for granted season in season out.  We are a pub team at best this year, but lets hope we pull something out of the bag tomorrow and spoil those tramps from Lincolns day out.  Going forward, things look bleak for Town, and I honestly don't expect Slade to last the season out.  Without some drive and direction, we could easily see ourselves back in non-league football unless certain people don;t start to show a very small amount of drive and ambition.  Time will tell, but this current squad is one of the worst I have ever seen in over 40 years at BP.

UTM

Prediction Thread so far -

Town win  13

Town draw  9

Town loss  9

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Maringer
September 29, 2017, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Don't feed the trolls, chaps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2017, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
In over 40 years of supporting Town, I cannot ever remember a more low key / low moral derby than the one against Lincoln tomorrow.  We are such a poor outfit this season, that I like the vast majority of Town fans don't expect us to get anything out of tomorrows game at all.  Lincoln will not have to play very well to take all three points away.  Sadly, if we do lose, I can see this being the last game of the season for many of the floating Town fans as well.  To be fair, we have barely played one good game all season so far, and we have stuttered to a few wins, playing with no style or plan at all.  Slade looks nothing like the manager who first came to GTFC all those years ago, and I fear he has simply been drafted in as yet another fall guy.  We have no real playing budget that is for sure, or why the hell would our squad be like it is ???  Unless dramatic changes are made, the great support we have will get to a bare 3,000 and the away numbers will fall in line with this as well.  Would it have been so difficult to recruit more talent in the summer, and so expensive ???  I think not.  We have an apathetic Board of directors who merely expect us to turn out year in year out, despite how we are playing, they take our loyal support for granted season in season out.  We are a pub team at best this year, but lets hope we pull something out of the bag tomorrow and spoil those tramps from Lincolns day out.  Going forward, things look bleak for Town, and I honestly don't expect Slade to last the season out.  Without some drive and direction, we could easily see ourselves back in non-league football unless certain people don;t start to show a very small amount of drive and ambition.  Time will tell, but this current squad is one of the worst I have ever seen in over 40 years at BP.

UTM

FFS... your like a scratched record man if you don’t like it go and watch horses run round in circles instead!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Day

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.