7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 30, 2017, 12:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
I get exactly what samg is saying, normally every season me and my Dad are pulling up trees to find an excuse or money to get to a town game being exiles, but this season not really, we can't stand watching the team at the moment, we barely want to log into Ifollow and watch.

We'll be going the Vale match as its round the corner, probably one at Christmas when we come up to visit family but we're certainly not going to be going out of our way to get to a match compared to the last 14/15 seasons when we've had the money to do so.

The football is boring, the players aren't being utilised properly by the management and I'm going into every match thinking we won't win. I can see why samg doesn't want to spend his money I'm also rather disheartened and it stems from a lack of faith in the management.

We’ve been worse in the last 15 years, So bad we spent far too long in the abyss

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
sonofmadeleymariner
September 30, 2017, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We’ve been worse in the last 15 years, So bad we spent far too long in the abyss

Look I always tried to see the positive even when Woods was manager I thougt maybe we can get a win, but right now the football is so awful, we hoof it up in hope not to a target, not with a game plan but in hope. At least in the conference you could see what the manager was trying to do most of the time, you could see a game plan even if it wasn't working like hoof the ball to the left wing to Monkhouse, even if it was poor, you could see what they were trying to do.

I've wanted Slade out the moment he was appointed, I wasn't even willing to give the man a chance I knew what was coming, we all knew what was coming and its there right in front of us. A footballing side that isn't allowed to play football. I am demoralised and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel at all we look like we've reached the highest we can this season all ready, best we can do is peer over our shoulders to make sure no one is climbing up. Sure Slade will get us the odd good win against a team we didn't expect but thats it. We had a team that was flirting with the playoffs last year great. This year we won't even come close

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First time in 30 years

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.