7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
samg
September 29, 2017, 8:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
This will be the first time in 30 years I've refused to go to a local derby match. I've made this decision with a sad and heavy heart but unfortunately the current team and management style of football does not warrant me the travel costs and entrance fee, I just cannot see most of the current squad enticing me back (believe me as an ardent supporter that follows Town home and away)
There's no passion,commitment,flair,pride - to me personally ( I may be wrong) I feel like the current squad or management style have no connection with the fans of gtfc! I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong tomorrow and regret not going ( i will be listening on radio) and will be victorious - but currently I don't see it.
Prove me wrong and let's see a vast improvement UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2017, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from samg
This will be the first time in 30 years I've refused to go to a local derby match. I've made this decision with a sad and heavy heart but unfortunately the current team and management style of football does not warrant me the travel costs and entrance fee, I just cannot see most of the current squad enticing me back (believe me as an ardent supporter that follows Town home and away)
There's no passion,commitment,flair,pride - to me personally ( I may be wrong) I feel like the current squad or management style have no connection with the fans of gtfc! I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong tomorrow and regret not going ( i will be listening on radio) and will be victorious - but currently I don't see it.
Prove me wrong and let's see a vast improvement UTM!!!

Drama queen!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
Cloudy
September 29, 2017, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
If someone is THAT drunk off I am sure they just can't be arsed anymore. They stop going, they stop posting on message boards surely? Or maybe they are just attention seeking?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
LH
September 29, 2017, 9:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Bye then!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
Hagrid
September 29, 2017, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Be a fan and go ffs
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
September 29, 2017, 9:12pm
Guest User
But you went to the games during 07-10 when we were worse than we are now. Very odd, support the team not the regime.
Reply: 5 - 61
samg
September 29, 2017, 9:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
No drama queen - can't be arsed?? - surely the thread title of 30 years suggests that this current squad does not entice me to pay £40+ quid week in week out to watch what is being served out!
I've followed Town through the championship years to the conference but unfortunately this current squad and the style of play  won't change the way I feel currently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
September 29, 2017, 9:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from samg
No drama queen - can't be arsed?? - surely the thread title of 30 years suggests that this current squad does not entice me to pay £40+ quid week in week out to watch what is being served out!
I've followed Town through the championship years to the conference but unfortunately this current squad and the style of play  won't change the way I feel currently

And people are taking the urine out of Lincoln for being plastic...
Reply: 7 - 61
arryarryarry
September 29, 2017, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Whilst I may not be a fan of the regime that runs the club in all departments or even happy with the talent on show, in over 50 years I have never once not gone to a home game because I wasn't happy with what is on show.

However you have the right to do what you want.

Grimsby till I die.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
grimsby pete
September 29, 2017, 9:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from samg

We are not bottom of the league and we could be 5 wins to 5 loses on Saturday

So why are you so defeatist ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First time in 30 years

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.