10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
September 27, 2017, 11:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Scunthorpe are keeping tabs on him .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 92
Maringer
September 27, 2017, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
I don't imagine there would be too many clubs willing to pay money for a young player yet to score a goal and with 1 shot on target in 10 starts. He's only set up one or two goals as well, I believe?

He's certainly got some potential but I struggle to think of his achievements thus far being any sort of a selling point.

Let's hope he stays a bit calmer and puts his next good chance away to get him started for the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 92
friskneymariner
September 27, 2017, 11:19am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Cloudy

If he is we will at least be able to demand a healthy fee. wonder what we will do with the cash?

Zimmer frames for our defence?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 92
LH
September 27, 2017, 11:21am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
I've got a feeling that once he scores one he'll get a few in the games that follow. One week it'll just click for him - he was the width of a post away from getting one last night remember! Similarly I reckon there'll be a week that he'll be up against an awful full back and will set a couple up in a game too. It's the hope that kills you.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 92
arryarryarry
September 27, 2017, 11:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer
I don't imagine there would be too many clubs willing to pay money for a young player yet to score a goal and with 1 shot on target in 10 starts. He's only set up one or two goals as well, I believe?

He's certainly got some potential but I struggle to think of his achievements thus far being any sort of a selling point.

Let's hope he stays a bit calmer and puts his next good chance away to get him started for the season.

I don't imagine there are too many clubs willing to pay money for most of our players.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 92
Jarmo.Is.God
September 27, 2017, 11:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from fleabag1970
Scunthorpe are keeping tabs on him .

Scunthorpe are keeping tabs on every player we have in every transfer window that every happens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 92
oldun
September 27, 2017, 12:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
He was a bit unlucky last night with his effort that thumped against the post only to rebound straight into the keepers arms. In the second half he regularly took the full back on and won several corners. We just don't seem to make them count. I thought a rest might do him good but he lasted the 90 mins well ad don't forget those around him were not playing too well and not making themselves available to receive the ball from him so had to go it alone most of the time. I would like to see more of DJ as well. I heard Tom is carrying an injury but nothing official has been said. On that subject has Shaun Macallister left the country?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 92
Mariner93er
September 27, 2017, 1:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
We looked best last night when we had him and dj on each wing, with Summerfield finding them with quick balls. Id like to see more of that Saturday, and less hoofs. I don't even care if we don't have much possessiom, but it'd be nice to see some purpose behind the play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 92
Bigdog
September 27, 2017, 1:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner93er
We looked best last night when we had him and dj on each wing, with Summerfield finding them with quick balls. Id like to see more of that Saturday, and less hoofs. I don't even care if we don't have much possessiom, but it'd be nice to see some purpose behind the play.

This

All this talk about dropping Dembele as if something magical is going to happen on the training ground. A few drills won't make much difference. A bit of support and movement around him on the pitch may help as well as proper service to any one of our players from the back. What about his confidence level if he is dropped? Players are not robots.

To prioritise dropping Dembele is prioritising in the wrong areas. How about getting Karleigh Osbourne and DJ in the team on a regular basis, playing Matt and Jones and also Rose and Summerfield every week to form partnerships, that might help. Getting Mills back in at left back is not ideal but might be worth a try too..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 92
Mariner93er
September 27, 2017, 1:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
What I find totally baffling is the fact we've got 4 defenders who have all played at a higher level, and yet none of them have the slightest bit of composure to pass the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.