Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rotten to the core!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 195 Guests

Rotten to the core!!

This thread currently has 8,376 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
September 27, 2017, 6:53am
Guest User
You can't buy a £10,000 car, spend five times that amount on it over the next 15 years on maintenance, insurance, MOTs, improvements and fuel costs and then expect to sell it for £60,000 in order to recover your outlay. You will still only get £200.

You don't have to be a businessman to work this out. It would seem that some individuals can't quite grasp this concept!!

15 years of decline all under one mans tenure! As sad as it is, things will not change until the leadership changes. I am certain that things will get a lot worse before they get better (As they do in most relationship break up) but I think this needs to happen to secure our future! We may go into administration so someone gets their outlay back but, in the long run, things will get better!

The togetherness of the fans and passion of players like Diz, Pearson and the ups and the fire in their bellies a distant memory.

The Stadium?? Talk talk talk, no action!! Just another poor example of someone attempting to elevate their own portfolio!!

Every heard the phrase, if you loved someone enough, you would let them go?? Maybe it's time to consider this?

Your game of Championship Manager has not been a success.

Don't let one man destroy this Club!!
Ahh Sole
September 27, 2017, 7:13am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from 1542
You can't buy a £10,000 car, spend five times that amount on it over the next 15 years on maintenance, insurance, MOTs, improvements and fuel costs and then expect to sell it for £60,000 in order to recover your outlay. You will still only get £200.

You don't have to be a businessman to work this out. It would seem that some individuals can't quite grasp this concept!!

15 years of decline all under one mans tenure! As sad as it is, things will not change until the leadership changes. I am certain that things will get a lot worse before they get better (As they do in most relationship break up) but I think this needs to happen to secure our future! We may go into administration so someone gets their outlay back but, in the long run, things will get better!

The togetherness of the fans and passion of players like Diz, Pearson and the ups and the fire in their bellies a distant memory.

The Stadium?? Talk talk talk, no action!! Just another poor example of someone attempting to elevate their own portfolio!!

Every heard the phrase, if you loved someone enough, you would let them go?? Maybe it's time to consider this?

Your game of Championship Manager has not been a success.

Don't let one man destroy this Club!!

1. He already has and 2. Who's going to buy it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
Cloudy
September 27, 2017, 7:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Last night the atmosphere around every aspect of the club was awful. An atmosphere of dread even of impending death.
No spark on the pitch and no leadership off it.

In our relegation season the atmosphere in the stands was largely one of fight, 'we can get out of it' attitude but last night it seemed 90% of fans were there our of habit with only the gallows humour lifting the gloom.

Yes, the weather didn't help but the issue is far far deeper than that
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
dapperz fun pub
September 27, 2017, 7:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Slade clearly looks lacking in the tactical department but we have enough for a lower mid table finish but agree about the atmosphere ducking awfull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
jonnyboy82
September 27, 2017, 7:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
The whole club from recruitment to the chairman this season is a shambles.

The whole club playing side and general has a feeling of it of a club from 10 years ago , route one shiteball.

We need a new chairman and a new manager to excite the whole town again but this just won't happen unless I won the lottery tonight.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
Maringer
September 27, 2017, 8:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,398
Gold Stars: 184
Oh good, an anti-Fenty thread. We've not had one of those for a while.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
LondonMariner43
September 27, 2017, 8:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Surely the fans make an atmosphere?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
Cloudy
September 27, 2017, 8:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Surely the fans make an atmosphere?

Totally agree and the fans in general have an air of depression. It isnt surfacing as anger, well not yet anyway
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 27, 2017, 9:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Its a catch 22.  The fans feed off the players to generate atmosphere which motivates the players ehich then generates more atmosphere.

I remember the days when you could hear town famss miles away from the stadium home and away

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
Abdul19
September 27, 2017, 9:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
There's been no atmosphere at BP for years

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rotten to the core!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.