Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well that was just...sh1t wasnt it?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

well that was just...sh1t wasnt it?

This thread currently has 10,091 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
September 26, 2017, 11:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from oldun

I listened to his interview with JT and could not believe how upbeat he was. Said we were much the better side and should have won! He did have another go at Macca for not stopping the first goal though.

I listened as well and the only conclusion I can come to is that he is fighting for his job and is trying to put a positive spin on things.

I don't blame Slade - this team isn't the one he wanted due to financial restraints but I am surprised he hasn't welded them into a more positive hardworking unit. There is no tempo or drive or enthusiasm both on and off the field.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
mimma
September 26, 2017, 11:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Slade forgets that football is an ENERTAINMENT. Fans want to watch a good game of football with plenty of chances and good movement, and hopefully a goal or two.

The last season under Hurst we use to play the ball around the back four to find space, fans were screaming for it to go forward instead. Now those same fans are complaining about the centre halves hoofing it forward. Be careful what you wish for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
denni266
September 26, 2017, 11:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Now that would be bad sailing,, seeing as my boat is on the norfolk broads lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
ginnywings
September 26, 2017, 11:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Couldn't be bothered to post until now.

86 minutes of mediocrity, followed by 10 minutes when i woke up and paid a bit of attention. We never get last minute winners though do we? That's the sort of thing other teams do.

Dead on the pitch and dead off it, best summed up by my brother who said, "it's hard work being a fan of a sleeping midget"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
friskneymariner
September 26, 2017, 11:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Common get your facts right are we all wrong,this product has been devalued beyond any marketable value.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 27, 2017, 12:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72

I listened as well and the only conclusion I can come to is that he is fighting for his job and is trying to put a positive spin on things.

I don't blame Slade - this team isn't the one he wanted due to financial restraints but I am surprised he hasn't welded them into a more positive hardworking unit. There is no tempo or drive or enthusiasm both on and off the field.

Dont accept that at all. A manager is at his strongest when first appointed & if he wanted certain players out he should have insisted they go. He was always going to bring in Nathan Clarke, who is IMO not a better player then Pearson and is less mobile, Sam Kelly one of his first recruits should also be the first to leave, Dixon is the worst left back we have had since first year in the conference. He has an unbalanced squad and has failed to use players who I believe would make us a better team name Osbourne (K), Clements and Big Tom. DJ also not getting a fair crack and Sam Jones has to start.

I actually believe we will improve but my faith is getting stretched to its absolute limit and add in the fact that being at BP is like sitting in a church without the singing!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 27, 2017, 12:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
The thing with true fans is that they feek frustrated when they see realky poor performances time after time.
They feel physical pain

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
lukeo
September 27, 2017, 6:29am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,352
Gold Stars: 142
People saying how far behind Notts county we are, I don't think that's the main issue really. We have to be realistic and see that we have a mid table budget and are expected to finish around their. The main issue is (and the reason I didn't go to Newport) is the tactics or lack of. The lack of keeping the ball on the deck. I'm not deluded, I don't expect us to win every game but I do expect us to try play proper football. This is why I didn't go to the game I was ment to. Win lose or draw as long as we try to play football the right way I'm happier.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
1mickylyons
September 27, 2017, 6:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Let`s be honest Colchester are about as bad a side as you are likely to encounter in this league and I don`t know the stats but they seemed to pass the ball about far better than we did? Playing hoofball with forwards who don`t like to move and don`t win headers suggests you ain`t going to do very well at that either? The comments from fans leaving and all around where I was suggest Lincoln will be the end of the road for many if Town lose this team and these tactics are just not worth watching.The decision to get rid of Pearson is looking more and more like a massive error of judgement and Macca being no 1 we saw last Season if you bring in a better keeper it will pay off in points won.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
GTFCH
September 27, 2017, 7:25am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
There was no point saying anything at the time stating on here that Hurst was right when he said we’d been spoilt by some of the Football we’d been playing in the conference but I knew he was bang on or at least had a point. Slade as a fan mentioned on here last season looks at how teams in this division get promoted and it is not unfortunately through passing it round teams a lot of the time it’s winning ugly a lot of the time which gets you where you want to be.

Don’t think we’re strong enough in the middle of the park because for me our 3 best centre mids are all injured which isn’t Slades fault. He said in his interview he knows it wasn’t always pretty but sometimes it has to be ugly. It’s a game of small margins as ever. Dembele scores in the first half instead of hitting the inside of the post we’re saying great goal and/or if Jamille Matt scores his injury time winner and Town win I guarantee you’re all saying something along the lines of. ‘Not pretty but battled well and a good win, great goals from Dembele and Matt.’ Instead we didn’t take those chances and once again it’s this is the worst team in years, Fenty needs to go, clueless, wrong system, wrong shape, don’t run rings round teams enough.

It’s unfortunate but not the end of the world and we go again on Saturday and praying we get a positive result because the moaning is sooo boring (as is the football at times but that’s life).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › well that was just...sh1t wasnt it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.