Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 points better off than last year!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 392 Guests

2 points better off than last year!

This thread currently has 2,910 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 24, 2017, 9:08pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Of the eight games we have played which also took place last year we are 2 points better off! Mansfield was a 3 point negative swing but it was offset by Crewe in the previous game.

Game - Last Year - This Year - Difference

Stevenage a L - L 0
Wycombe a L - L 0
Donny H L - D +1
Crewe H L - W +3
Mansfield A W - L -3
Accrington A D - W +2
Yeovil H W-W 0
Newport A D-L -1

On balance we're on target to repeat last year's mid-table finish. I'd take that now with a view to targeting next yield for a top 7 spot, provided we stick with RS. If we don't they I would allow for another "transitional" year. The club has generally been more successful sticking with a stable management team. Swapping managers rarely yields quick fixes. There are still players on the books who the current manager inherited, plus he has yet to see every team first hand at this level.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
friskneymariner
September 24, 2017, 9:15pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Perhaps we could repeat the Dean Court performance of Newell's first year,by carrying JF shoulder high for avoiding relegation.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2017, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from friskneymariner
Perhaps we could repeat the Dean Court performance of Newell's first year,by carrying JF shoulder high for avoiding relegation.

A never to be forgotten moment which still makes me laugh. Especially as he learned so much from that near miss to make sure the next season   would result in...relegation!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Cloudy
September 24, 2017, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

A never to be forgotten moment which still makes me laugh. Especially as he learned so much from that near miss to make sure the next season   would result in...relegation!

Laugh? I cringed at the time and feel very uncomfortable being reminded about it!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2017, 9:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
I am not sure we need an analyst to tell us we are going to be average again this term.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
GrimRob
September 24, 2017, 9:30pm

Quoted from friskneymariner

Courtesy of Luton's 30 point deduction if I remember rightly!

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 5 - 16
louth_in_the_south
September 24, 2017, 9:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
I remember looking at that and being more disgusted by it than I was when I stepped in Alsatian police dog  sh.it on the pitch .
Funny how you always remember truly cringeworthy moments.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
friskneymariner
September 24, 2017, 10:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I am not sure we need an analyst to tell us we are going to be average again this term.

We need an analyst to tell as to why contrary to all our experiences we live in hope.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Bigdog
September 24, 2017, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Average might still be a bit of a stretch for us this season Herts..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
GrimRob
September 24, 2017, 11:15pm

Quoted from Bigdog

Average might still be a bit of a stretch for us this season Herts..

That was what I was thinking when I looked at the results so far. Although we came 14th last year we were only 8 points off the play-offs. We are 2 points better off with around 1/5th of the season gone, so that equates to 10 extra points after 46 games  

For all the soul searching and predictions of doom  we are only 4 points off the play-offs now with two home games to come!!

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 points better off than last year!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.