Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 points better off than last year!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 219 Guests

2 points better off than last year!

This thread currently has 2,930 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
September 25, 2017, 6:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,352
Gold Stars: 142
4 points in the next 2 home games is a reasonable request
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
moosey_club
September 25, 2017, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,207
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from lukeo
4 points in the next 2 home games is a reasonable request

So you would accept a point from the Lincoln game then ?  In reality we as a club should only be expecting to  beat Col U tomorrow night.

Losing to Lincoln is not something the supporters will swallow at all and if we do, i think i will lose my computer for a week or so as i dont imagine the reaction on here will be pleasant.

If you had to lose one game this week then tomorrow would be my preference. If you had to drop any points then again tomorrow would be my preference.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
horsforthmariner
September 25, 2017, 12:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Having watched us enough now I think GrimRob is about right here. We are on course for a mid table season - 14th sounds about right to me. Enough quality and nous to avoid relegation not enough for promotion.

To be fair to the club they have invested heavily in off field improvements, hopefully this will bear fruit in the next couple of seasons and this is a building for the future season. If thats the case I'd like to see Clifton given more of a go in the not too distant future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Caesar
September 25, 2017, 12:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Surely including Donny is questionable at best considering this year  it took place in the boycott trophy?  

I am coloured by the games that I have seen and I feel like we are much worse at the moment than last year.  However wasn't at our last 2 wins  and at least we have stopped having players sent off so at least that is a bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Jaws
September 25, 2017, 12:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Pretty sure we lost to Donny 1-0. Played away from home as there was some non-event at BP that night.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Stew0_0
September 25, 2017, 1:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
I am hopeful we can improve further once Osbourne(J), Asante and Clements return.

With there omissions, particularly in midfield, we are having to play with a central midfielder that was out on loan in the conference and Berrett who was barely in the first 11 last year. Akwasi should offer good competition / options from bench too.

Add to this we finished all first 5 games with 10 men, I would like to think we improve as the season progresses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
friskneymariner
September 25, 2017, 1:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
It is as a consequence of very poor dealings in the transfer market during the close seasons compounded by Paul Hurst's poor signings

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 points better off than last year!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.