Mariner93er
September 23, 2017, 10:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from mariner91

We've got quantity over quality. The squad is a bit lop-sided and we could do with a couple of attacking players being replaced by defensive ones. Out of the squad, most of them are alright. We don't have many players that are truly terrible that can't get anywhere near the team like we have done in the past (the likes of Terry Barwick, Jermaine Palmer, Damian Spencer, Greg Pearson and Hamish Watson). But then we don't have any really outstanding players either.

I'm not sure if Watson fits into that bracket considering he was never given the slightest chance to impress. incidentally, he's playing in the Australian premier now. I know the quality's not great, but it's certainly better than league 2 football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 126
louth_in_the_south
September 23, 2017, 10:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,651
Gold Stars: 94
I've had a good laugh reading through 11 pages of male masturbation.ker sh.ite slagging off anyone associated with gtfc . Get a grip we're a L2 club , we all want to win every week Buckley style . But guess what ? It's not going to happen . As long as  the team tries we can't ask a lot more . Does anyone on here who's actually got any brain think slade just says " boot it from the back and sound the cavalry charge " as tactics ? Ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 126
sam gy
September 23, 2017, 11:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
See a lot of people saying they feel disassociated from GTFC compared to the non league years. And I get it, but dare I say that it's partly because.....*whispers*...we don't win most weeks/aren't expected to win most weeks like we got used to down there?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 126
golfer
September 23, 2017, 11:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We are "extra medium".

Shite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 126
arryarryarry
September 23, 2017, 11:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I've had a good laugh reading through 11 pages of male masturbation.ker sh.ite slagging off anyone associated with gtfc . Get a grip we're a L2 club , we all want to win every week Buckley style . But guess what ? It's not going to happen . As long as  the team tries we can't ask a lot more . Does anyone on here who's actually got any brain think slade just says " boot it from the back and sound the cavalry charge " as tactics ? Ffs

Not sure how many games you have been to this season but there have been times when that is what it looks like he might have said unless the players are all taking the urine and ignoring him.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 126
LH
September 24, 2017, 12:28am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from mariner91

We've got quantity over quality. The squad is a bit lop-sided and we could do with a couple of attacking players being replaced by defensive ones. Out of the squad, most of them are alright. We don't have many players that are truly terrible that can't get anywhere near the team like we have done in the past (the likes of Terry Barwick, Jermaine Palmer, Damian Spencer, Greg Pearson and Hamish Watson). But then we don't have any really outstanding players either.

We've got a few who I'd happily shift but then we've got a few who are potentially pretty good. Average at best sums us up really.

I agree with most of this post. I think we do have a very select group of capable players within the squad although in terms of lopsidedness we are carrying a disproportionate amount of distinctly average to very poor squad members. I do think we probably have enough to stay up although I hope that the powers that be watch this season closer than they did in 08/09 and think wisely about budget and personnel next season.
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 126
Mrs Doyle
September 24, 2017, 8:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from sam gy
See a lot of people saying they feel disassociated from GTFC compared to the non league years. And I get it, but dare I say that it's partly because.....*whispers*...we don't win most weeks/aren't expected to win most weeks like we got used to down there?

We had a team that worked for each other and put the extra shift in.

It was a experienced  squad ESTABLISHED with two prolific strikers who have proved they can score at league levels also a good solid defence.

We dominated sides at home and away especially, looked really good constantly in the playoff zone.

If Slade can get that winning mentality into these players we might look better we certainly have some decent players imho.

Still a new squad very much learning hopefully we will start to click soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 126
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.