Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

This thread currently has 22,137 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Getyourfactsright
September 23, 2017, 10:19am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Good morning my Fishy Friends,

Seems the flack continues towards me over the transfer of Trust shares to me, 200,000 of them.

I've asked the Trust in the past to clear such matters up as the flack isn't justified at all, but in the absence I will.

It's very True that in the situation I found myself through no fault of mine, that control did not sit within the boardroom.

To my recollection I don't recall ever stating that we would have to sell Liam Hearn, but it was the case that I stated I wouldn't put another penny in the club, untill shareholding control in the boardroom was restored.

It was a fact that by the December the Club needed funds without which speculation suggested we might need to sell a player. (Liam Hearn)

It is a fact that the Chair of the Trust and the CEO of the Club negotiated the proposal put to me.

At no time and to be very clear, did I coheres those discussions whatsoever, or were involved in meetings where they were discussed with members of the Trust.

Following Trust members voting for a Transfer to me the said block of shares, I then proposed that I would purchase £200.000 shares additional in effect balanceing the proposal.

There were several other ways my concers could have been met, with or without transferring of the shares, but this is what was put to me and I accepted in the best interest of the club.

I'm sure some will continue to twist these facts, but for the genuine fans that may want to know, this puts the record straight.

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

Private Message
Fat Cobra
September 23, 2017, 10:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Genuine fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 133
Getyourfactsright
September 23, 2017, 10:43am
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Genuine fans.

There may well be some genuine fans who don't want to know!!!!!!

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 133
Hagrid
September 23, 2017, 11:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Hope we win today!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 133
Mrs Doyle
September 23, 2017, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Wish you would just ignore it John a public forum is no place to discuss this matter no matter what you say some on here will never believe it.

Half of it is a bloody wind up I'm sure some get a real kick out of this.

PS. If we lose today don't go on the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 133
Garth
September 23, 2017, 11:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Good morning my Fishy Friends,

Seems the flack continues towards me over the transfer of Trust shares to me, 200,000 of them.

I've asked the Trust in the past to clear such matters up as the flack isn't justified at all, but in the absence I will.

It's very True that in the situation I found myself through no fault of mine, that control did not sit within the boardroom.

To my recollection I don't recall ever stating that we would have to sell Liam Hearn, but it was the case that I stated I wouldn't put another penny in the club, untill shareholding control in the boardroom was restored.

It was a fact that by the December the Club needed funds without which speculation suggested we might need to sell a player. (Liam Hearn)

It is a fact that the Chair of the Trust and the CEO of the Club negotiated the proposal put to me.

At no time and to be very clear, did I coheres those discussions whatsoever, or were involved in meetings where they were discussed with members of the Trust.

Following Trust members voting for a Transfer to me the said block of shares, I then proposed that I would purchase £200.000 shares additional in effect balanceing the proposal.

There were several other ways my concers could have been met, with or without transferring of the shares, but this is what was put to me and I accepted in the best interest of the club.

I'm sure some will continue to twist these facts, but for the genuine fans that may want to know, this puts the record straight.

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

That puts it to bed then, thank Christ ----now Elvis spotted on the Pony turnstiles rumour needs an answer  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 133
dapperz fun pub
September 23, 2017, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,685
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Wish you would just ignore it John a public forum is no place to discuss this matter no matter what you say some on here will never believe it.

Half of it is a bloody wind up I'm sure some get a real kick out of this.

PS. If we lose today don't go on the fishy.

I think it’s great our non chairman inter acts with the fans the way he does
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 133
Garth
September 23, 2017, 11:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think it’s great our non chairman inter acts with the fans the way he does

Don`t know whether I do or don`t,  if it was all smileys it would be ok, but because its not he`s just fuelling the fires of whatever,  to some.
Still you have to admire his efforts as a fan to at least explain, ( let he with no sins cast the first stone)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 133
TownSNAFU5
September 23, 2017, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,760
Gold Stars: 41
Can everyone move on please.  We can only influence and change the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 133
Ahh Sole
September 23, 2017, 12:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Thanks for the clarification. Now, about the loans.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 133
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.