Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

This thread currently has 22,274 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2017, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
I think moving to a new ground is a plan to move us fiorward long term.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 133
Marinerz93
September 23, 2017, 10:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Squarkus

Are you for real, Parker saved himself a few million, he became the majority shareholder because he wanted to, he was a new investor for our great club, when he moved on for his own reasons, nothing  to do with Fenty , Fenty was left with the baby and did not ask for anything from the trust or anyone for that matter, other people came up with a reasonable scenario that suited him to move the club forward, who would invest in something that someone else controls, and when you say match MP, He had already done that and more, MP is not at the club because of Fenty, he has said that himself publicly, so my mush there really isn't a record to put straight, to do what he did was just not in the best interest of the club, with his business skills why did he allow himself to have (A) more shares than anyone else and become the majority sharholder and(B) his advisors give him the only solution to get out of the situation he put himself in when things did not suit him, so please stop trawling crap there is no spin to have, what we need is football fortune fingers crossed, a new stadium and better results than today.

Parker left the board because as he stated certain promises weren't kept, which was reported at the time when he was interviewed, who failed to honour those promises? Why did it take article 9 a few months to become an issue and not soon as Parker increased his share holding.

After he left the club Parker then invested the amount both he and JF publically agreed to invest, which was £500k,  Parker did this by increasing his shares which had to be agreed by the board which included John. So it has everything to do with JF, and where is the proof JF matched the £500k before Parker had to engineer his way out of the corner he had been put in.

I suggest you go back and look at the time line, the biggest question out of all the shares fiasco is a simple one, why didn't JF just match Parkers shares increase? If what was promised to Parker was honoured do you think he would have left? Why did JF put a covenant on the trust not accepting any more shares from Parker?

What part of the JF circle are you?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 133
Ahh Sole
September 23, 2017, 11:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from Marinerz93

Parker left the board because as he stated certain promises weren't kept, which was reported at the time when he was interviewed, who failed to honour those promises? Why did it take article 9 a few months to become an issue and not soon as Parker increased his share holding.

After he left the club Parker then invested the amount both he and JF publically agreed to invest, which was £500k,  Parker did this by increasing his shares which had to be agreed by the board which included John. So it has everything to do with JF, and where is the proof JF matched the £500k before Parker had to engineer his way out of the corner he had been put in.

I suggest you go back and look at the time line, the biggest question out of all the shares fiasco is a simple one, why didn't JF just match Parkers shares increase? If what was promised to Parker was honoured do you think he would have left? Why did JF put a covenant on the trust not accepting any more shares from Parker?

What a very good question.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2017, 11:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Please this is not a pop at you mate by any means but why ...

1 Are you pursing this?

2 What do you expect the outcome to be?

I think we all know dissenters on the fishy will not get rid of John Fenty

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 133
Ahh Sole
September 23, 2017, 11:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Please this is not a pop at you mate by any means but why ...

1 Are you pursing this?

2 What do you expect the outcome to be?

I think we all know dissenters on the fishy will not get rid of John Fenty

You're undoubtedly correct - but does that mean we should roll over and accept mediocrity without question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 133
arryarryarry
September 23, 2017, 11:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Squarkus

Are you for real, Parker saved himself a few million, he became the majority shareholder because he wanted to, he was a new investor for our great club, when he moved on for his own reasons, nothing  to do with Fenty , Fenty was left with the baby and did not ask for anything from the trust or anyone for that matter, other people came up with a reasonable scenario that suited him to move the club forward, who would invest in something that someone else controls, and when you say match MP, He had already done that and more, MP is not at the club because of Fenty, he has said that himself publicly, so my mush there really isn't a record to put straight, to do what he did was just not in the best interest of the club, with his business skills why did he allow himself to have (A) more shares than anyone else and become the majority sharholder and(B) his advisors give him the only solution to get out of the situation he put himself in when things did not suit him, so please stop trawling crap there is no spin to have, what we need is football fortune fingers crossed, a new stadium and better results than today.

It's a shame it appears we have not got a link to the interview MP gave to Radio Humberside because he gave it and it was aired prior to an evening game as I listened to it on the way into Grimsby on the A180 in fact and if my memory serves me correctly what he said seems to differ from what you have said.

I stand to be corrected if someone can resurrect it.

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2017, 9:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ahh Sole

You're undoubtedly correct - but does that mean we should roll over and accept mediocrity without question?

But we've been mediocre for most of our history, after all that time in non league, a squad of 4th tier players, a home average gate of around 4,500 (sometimes more sometimes less), limited income from the ground and no mega rich benefactor we where never going to come up and take the league by storm.

We all want better I fully agree but banging on about what did or didn't happen in history won't facilitate that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 133
Mrs Doyle
September 24, 2017, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from arryarryarry

It's a shame it appears we have not got a link to the interview MP gave to Radio Humberside because he gave it and it was aired prior to an evening game as I listened to it on the way into Grimsby on the A180 in fact and if my memory serves me correctly what he said seems to differ from what you have said.

I stand to be corrected if someone can resurrect it.

Why so you can drag even more shite up let it go ffs. What good will going over the past do towards helping the club move forward?

It's what happens now that counts the past is history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 133
arryarryarry
September 24, 2017, 11:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Why so you can drag even more shite up let it go ffs. What good will going over the past do towards helping the club move forward?

It's what happens now that counts the past is history.

Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just flipping thick?

I didn't start this thread, just have a look at who did.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 133
rancido
September 24, 2017, 11:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Marinerz93

I recall that but it seemed , at the time ,to allude to Board Members ,other than JF , who weren't prepared to match his investment. Everyone seems to forget that the Board had other members at the time who could have invested money into the club.
As a point of interest since I've been supporting GTFC ( mid 1960's ) I can't recall any Board Members or Chairmen who have been prepared to gift the club money or invest the kind of amounts that JF has. In fact I recall one grosser member who wanted his substantial loans paying back immediately after a fall out with his fellow board members even if meant the club being put in serious financial difficulties.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.