AndyDarloFC
September 21, 2017, 12:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Hi guys,

Sure I may have mentioned something on here before about jobs in Grimsby, but here goes again...

I've set myself a target of being moved back & working in Grimsby by April 2018 to be closer to my daughter who is from and lives in the town, so this has given me 6 months to find some stable and continuous work. But I need your help.
- Does anyone know of places taking on, preferably fixed term/contracted or permanent work. I've been working at Student Finance England for nearly 6 years now and I am on a permanent contract and I don't really wanna be leaving this guarantee of a job for a temporary job in Grimsby over 120 miles away.
- Would be willing to do anything to start with as long as it was work and I had a guarantees of it. Then maybe find myself something more suitable to my needs/qualifications and skills.

If I am lucky enough to find work, my next issue is finding myself a house to move into. But again, I need your help.
- Where is good for renting a place? I don't really want to go through the council as that's my last resort.. I've joined a Facebook group about private landlords etc, but can anyone else recommend somewhere or someone who is trustworthy and a decent landlord for a Darlo lad.

Cheers for reading and any help thrown my way is greatly appreciated.

Up the Mariners.

PS: See you all at the Lincoln game next week.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
grimsby pete
September 21, 2017, 12:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
I do not want to dishearten you Andy,

BUT

Why do you think we have so many exiles ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
AndyDarloFC
September 21, 2017, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Very true Pete, but it's been my goal for a while now to move back to be closer to the little en'.

Hard work being a parent 120 miles away  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 7
grimsby pete
September 21, 2017, 6:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Very true Pete, but it's been my goal for a while now to move back to be closer to the little en'.

Hard work being a parent 120 miles away  

Best of luck Andy I hope you find something suitable.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Rodley Mariner
September 21, 2017, 6:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,211
Gold Stars: 176
What about clerical roles or supply chain/customer care roles with one of the seafood companies. I think Icelandic Seachill are doing pretty well which might mean opportunities coming up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Marinerz93
September 22, 2017, 10:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Jobs are like rocking horse excrement in Grimsby and accommodation can be tough especially with landlords. Having worked in and around Town for a few years you could get decent accommodation in any part of Town and some places have surprised me. Some landlords won't do up properties mainly due to some of the tenants, so ask to view other properties the landlord owns, it will give you an idea of how their other properties are maintained. Speak to the tenants to find out quick they are to fix the boiler or fix other problems. Your best bet is to go through estate agents and have a good look around.

Good luck for both ventures.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
BarkerDan10
September 23, 2017, 10:36am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +202
My employer Betfred are always recruiting, it is minimum wage but there are always plenty of hours and overtime available with full training given and opportunities for quick progression.

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saili.....589795010&sr=8-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
lukeo
September 25, 2017, 6:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,295
Gold Stars: 133
I somehow bagged my mum a job within 3 weeks of her moving back to Grimsby last month. It's tough mate but I'd suggest you just constantly go online and search and apply. In regards to houses id suggest rent a room for a while until you settle then rent a house, if you Google that their are 1 or 2 sites people put rooms on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby - Jobs/Housing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.