12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 18, 2017, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Whatever the rights and wrongs of Grimsby Pete's thread earlier, I would like to just ask Admin to clarify that this is still an independent forum for the supporters of Grimsby Town Football Club to air their views on everything from the club's finances to the warmth of the Bovril at half time.

We appear to have had another intervention today by the non-chairman/major shareholder and I just wanted to know if everything on here is going to continue to be scrutinised by the board of GTFC. If so, you might as well close it down.
Private Message
Fishy_fishtails
September 18, 2017, 10:41pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Independent forum, yes. Witch hunt page, no. Which is all it seems to be at the minute! I for one am pleased his thread was deleted earlier. It served no purpose nor relevance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 113
GrimRob
September 18, 2017, 10:47pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
There was no intervention whatsoever. The thread was about a private message which nobody else had seen and the contents of which were not in the public domain. If a message was sent privately to someone that's the spirit it should be treated with. We're more than happy for discussions over material in the public domain like the ones you mention. Several posters objected to the thread as well and an explanation was sent to Pete.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 113
friskneymariner
September 18, 2017, 10:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Whilst it is quite appropriate to raise issues where our non-chairman is leading personalising the issues is not acceptable for either side of the argument,some of the post have crossed the line from debate to abuse.Seems to be a trend creeping in everywhere,could I ask we all treat each other with respect and not resort to personal abuse and calling people stupid just because they don't .

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 113
Bigdog
September 18, 2017, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The clue was in the thread title OC. I've got a lot to say about board performance and club finances but drawing in family members is overstepping the mark..

There are honest and open debates to be had and that thread undermined any valid concerns fans have and added unwarranted credence to the witch hunt, toxic element, keyboard warrior and hater descriptions used by people who think that loyal fans shouldn't have a view opposite to the incumbent board, largely because they haven't got a strong counter argument regarding funding.

There are boundaries of decency and also discretion in a PM, It went way past it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 113
lew chaterleys lover
September 18, 2017, 11:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
Independent forum, yes. Witch hunt page, no. Which is all it seems to be at the minute! I for one am pleased his thread was deleted earlier. It served no purpose nor relevance.

Fenty has a stranglehold on the club and he and his family members are on here regularly so it certainly served a purpose. You cannot be the (non) chairman of a professional football club and not expect constant scrutiny, especially with the lack of success we have had over 15 or so years.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 113
GYinScuntland
September 18, 2017, 11:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97

Fenty has a stranglehold on the club and he and his family members are on here regularly so it certainly served a purpose. You cannot be the (non) chairman of a professional football club and not expect constant scrutiny, especially with the lack of success we have had over 15 or so years.

There is a difference between scrutiny and libel, it's not even a fine line.
We all have to be very careful when we are tippy tapping away as it's very easy to cross that line in the heat of the moment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 18, 2017, 11:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GYinScuntland

We all have to be very careful when we are tippy tapping away as it's very easy to cross that line in the heat of the moment.

Isn't it only libellous if the thing stated is untrue?

I can't remember what Pete said much less comment on its veracity. Though I note Rob said it had to do with private messages - if Pete accurately quoted those messages would it be libellous or just 'bad form'?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 113
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 6:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I accept that the thread title was ill-advised but not necessarily the content, which seemed only to be an opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 113
Fishy_fishtails
September 19, 2017, 7:09am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
To have a thread titled fenty family and then question if they are indeed fans or not to me is pointless amongst other things, there isn't any for personal attacks towards Mr Fenty or his family. By all means voice your opinion, have a healthy debate, vent your frustration, nobody has a problem with it. Just stop the bitterness towards his brothers and family members.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 113
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Purpose of The Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.