sam gy
September 17, 2017, 2:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,469
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from RichMariner
Surprised Woolford isn't getting it in the neck for being both an ex-Scunt and a Yorkie!

Luckily there are no 12 year olds on the fishy.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
KingstonMariner
September 17, 2017, 1:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think that's fair Tommy, I also like his attitude though as when he/we lose possession he will try and win it back which might indicate that he has the attitude to "stay back" after a session and work on his game. I would still stick with him as a starter for a while yet and surely there is enough experience in this squad and staff to help him develop. I think a goal would help him to be honest as it might just stop him trying to over complicate things.

Based on the little I've seen of Dembele - only been to two games, plus the odd highlights - but I agree with you both on him. He's very talented, great feet and great balance. A real natural talent. Really exciting to watch a player like that. There was an incident at Accy when he made a chance for himself running in from the right in the second half, then tried to get the ball in a perfect position to shoot when an immediate shot may have paid dividends. I think he might just need to trust his own instincts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Mrs Doyle
September 17, 2017, 5:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
A good mix of experience and youth Dembele will learn a lot looking forward to see him learn his trade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Teesknees
September 17, 2017, 6:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from sam gy

Luckily there are no 12 year olds on the fishy.

Really? Reading some of the comments and spelin I thought there was!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2017, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Based on the little I've seen of Dembele - only been to two games, plus the odd highlights - but I agree with you both on him. He's very talented, great feet and great balance. A real natural talent. Really exciting to watch a player like that. There was an incident at Accy when he made a chance for himself running in from the right in the second half, then tried to get the ball in a perfect position to shoot when an immediate shot may have paid dividends. I think he might just need to trust his own instincts.

Agree with this KM I would be really disappointed if he did not start games for a good few weeks yet, he will learn loads in training but I would think needs games to blend that learning with match experience

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woolford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.