Reply: 20 - 25
HertsGTFC
September 16, 2017, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Oddly enough we have 2 more points than we did this time last season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
moosey_club
September 16, 2017, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mariner_09
If we average taking 2 points more per 8 games then we'll end up with 73/74 points which should see us nicely in the play offs and I never really remember us being in any great form ever last season. I still have some serious concerns about our team.

1. The defence is too slow, teams with decent quick players will exploit that and easily beat us.

2. I can't see 1 of the strikers scoring frequently. Matt, Vernon and even JJ look decent players but none will score often enough. Jones might do but he seems to have regressed from last season, he didn't offer anything of note today.

3. We have an imbalanced sqaud, we have too many strikers and wingers (I'd get rid of Kelly and Cardwell now if I could but you can't, plus Asante might be good but that's no use if he's never going to be fit) but in central midfield bizarrely we are light with McAllister always injured, Osborne out until Christmas and Clements seemingly frozen out, that leaves us with Summerfield, Berrett (who both played well today I thought) and Rose. Likewise we have no cover at left back and only 1 spare centre back and Osborne has played twice in two seasons because of injuries. Basically we have 4 players who are superfluous for one reason or another.

If we can get our best XI out there more often than not then we'll float around upper to mid mid-table but I doubt we'll challenge for the reasons stated

Shut the fck up....Cardwell deserves a chance....he scored a few pre season, looks decent and i think can count himself unlucky not to have started regularly. I truly believe if he was given the benefit of playing in a front two for a few games he would prove his worth.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Swansea_Mariner
September 16, 2017, 11:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Funny old game, it's amazing how quick five defeats in six can turn into three wins in four.

I'm glad we are hitting some form, is it purely coincidental that this improved series of results has coincided with the change in formation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
KingstonMariner
September 16, 2017, 11:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think the OP is way off the mark. Of course we're all happy with a win.

Rich and Jock have it spot on. You can enjoy the result without changing your opinion that there is a fundamental problem at the club.

As for the use of the word 'hate' I think London Mariner is dramatising the situation where some people think there should be a change in control because they have no confidence in JF. Either that or he needs to look up the definition.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
grimps
September 17, 2017, 3:24am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Well if we're having a go at the chairman and manager then we arent on the players backs.
At least Slade has kept his mouth shut and got his head down and come home with the goodies(sign of an experienced manager).
Hurst might have been having a go at us in the press or telling us how spoilt we are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 wins in 4

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.