3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 16, 2017, 6:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
some managers wouldve started trying strange formations, or making excuses, but slade and town seem to have quietly stuck to their game plan and worked harder to get results, so well done to them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
chaos33
September 16, 2017, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I said 1 week ago, that a 'decent result on Tuesday followed by a win today and the end wouldn't be nigh' and I'm really happy to say that things look much better from mid table. Feared the worst when I saw the centre midfield pairing, but got to be happy with another 3 points. Can't stand the current Fenty hate campaign - or rather,that it's taken over pretty much every thread on the board, and prefer to concentrate on the football, so got to be happy tonight.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
newarkmariner
September 16, 2017, 7:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
chuffed to bits and we have 2 more points than after 8 games last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Mrs Doyle
September 16, 2017, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well one thing you can't dispute is Slades passion after we scored the second they almost equalised straight away due to a bit of uncertainty in defence.

Slade went absolutely ballistic with our defenders to the amusement of the main stand and later the referee and linesman who were becoming ever more blind to shenanigans against Matt in particular.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
lew chaterleys lover
September 16, 2017, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from LondonMariner43
3 wins in 4, moving up the table, closer in points to the play offs than the relegation places.  If you are a glass half full kind of person, then you'll be happy tonight.

Probably a few on here who are disappointed with the result as it puts a dampener on the Bignot shouldn't have been sacked, Slade out, Fenty out stuff.  No doubt if Town lose away at Newport next weekend and Amond scores, the haters will be back out in force.

The whole point of the forum is to discuss the Mariners, for good or bad. 99.9% on here and at BP want the Mariners to win every game, but the point of a forum is to discuss things as they unfold over the course of a season. That being the case a win will attract mainly favourable reaction, and a defeat the reverse. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Regardless of any result some subjects are always up for discussion - the manager, the players and the board. Football is a passionate game, and I might disagree with people who have their views, like this post, but so what ?  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
jamesgtfc
September 16, 2017, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Well one thing you can't dispute is Slades passion after we scored the second they almost equalised straight away due to a bit of uncertainty in defence.

Slade went absolutely ballistic with our defenders to the amusement of the main stand and later the referee and linesman who were becoming ever more blind to shenanigans against Matt in particular.  

I particularly enjoyed seeing him jump for every header and kick every ball in the last few minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Mariner_09
September 16, 2017, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
If we average taking 2 points more per 8 games then we'll end up with 73/74 points which should see us nicely in the play offs and I never really remember us being in any great form ever last season. I still have some serious concerns about our team.

1. The defence is too slow, teams with decent quick players will exploit that and easily beat us.

2. I can't see 1 of the strikers scoring frequently. Matt, Vernon and even JJ look decent players but none will score often enough. Jones might do but he seems to have regressed from last season, he didn't offer anything of note today.

3. We have an imbalanced sqaud, we have too many strikers and wingers (I'd get rid of Kelly and Cardwell now if I could but you can't, plus Asante might be good but that's no use if he's never going to be fit) but in central midfield bizarrely we are light with McAllister always injured, Osborne out until Christmas and Clements seemingly frozen out, that leaves us with Summerfield, Berrett (who both played well today I thought) and Rose. Likewise we have no cover at left back and only 1 spare centre back and Osborne has played twice in two seasons because of injuries. Basically we have 4 players who are superfluous for one reason or another.

If we can get our best XI out there more often than not then we'll float around upper to mid mid-table but I doubt we'll challenge for the reasons stated

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 16, 2017, 8:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
There is always the January window, or has that been abolished ?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
jock dock tower
September 16, 2017, 9:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from LondonMariner43
3 wins in 4, moving up the table, closer in points to the play offs than the relegation places.  If you are a glass half full kind of person, then you'll be happy tonight.

Probably a few on here who are disappointed with the result as it puts a dampener on the Bignot shouldn't have been sacked, Slade out, Fenty out stuff.  No doubt if Town lose away at Newport next weekend and Amond scores, the haters will be back out in force.

I think you mistake "haters" with folk who may have different viewpoints to yourself. Don't forget it's a public forum, so it is a free for all at times, but at the end of the day we're all Town - and that's what really matters?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
excusebeef
September 16, 2017, 9:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
How the he'll did the OP GET so many crosses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 wins in 4

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.