Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rhys Browne - Relishing his return...???
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 412 Guests

Rhys Browne - Relishing his return...???

This thread currently has 4,447 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 16, 2017, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
"" The tricky winger signed for Grimsby Town at the beginning of last season, making seven substitute appearances in black and white before being loaned to Macclesfield Town.

Things didn’t work out for the Antigua and Barbuda international at Blundell Park, but he is determined to return to Lincolnshire to show what he can do in front of old friends.

Browne said: “You’ve got to be ready for any game but when it’s a club that you’ve come from, it gives you a bit of fire in your belly to go and prove everyone wrong.

“You’ve got to go there with a kind of chip on your shoulder saying I deserve to be playing. However, we just want to focus on the win rather than what’s going on with me.

“I don’t have any problems with anyone at the club and they shouldn’t have any problems with me. It will be nice to see old people and I’ve got a few friends there who I will speak to after we beat them!”

He added: “Paul Hurst brought me in at Grimsby and left so there was a change in manager.

“After that it was a bit of a rollercoaster and not knowing how to settle so it wasn’t anything about not liking it.

“A lot was happening with me off the field and I needed to play some games (out on loan) and take away what was going on. I was in a position where I was away from my family and not playing games.   """

I got the impression he wanted to leave us and never settled himself, i think WE all wanted to see him play and were baffled by his move back down "south" to Macclesfield. Gives the impression in that interview that he was hard done by ??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
September 16, 2017, 12:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Maybe if he tried harder and impressed the manager at the time he would have got game time instead of sulking.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
grimsby pete
September 16, 2017, 12:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
He went through a difficult time while with us when his father died,

Never really got the chance to prove he was good enough,

Bound to score today but 4-2 to us .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
headingly_mariner
September 16, 2017, 12:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
He had a shocking time off the pitch last year. No blame on him for football not being his focus. Glad he's back playing and hope he does well apart from today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
HertsGTFC
September 16, 2017, 1:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Good luck to the lad hope he has a good game in a losing side.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
fiveallive
September 16, 2017, 1:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I'm surprised Browne wasn't kept to be honest still could of played a part in this squad, i thought he wanted to leave has his dad played for Yeovil.

Slade seemed interested in having back when he was out on loan last season seemed a bit strange when we sold him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
moosey_club
September 16, 2017, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Certainly showed us there Rhys !!

At least he got a ripple of applause when he came on

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Maringer
September 16, 2017, 11:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
My only recollection of him last season was a game where he came in for the last 5 minutes and jumped out of three tackles before the final whistle.

I'd guess this is mainly why he didn't stay with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
arryarryarry
September 17, 2017, 3:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Maringer
My only recollection of him last season was a game where he came in for the last 5 minutes and jumped out of three tackles before the final whistle.

I'd guess this is mainly why he didn't stay with us.

Well at least jumping requires some effort in those 5 minutes which was a lot more than Kelly did for his time on the pitch today.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
HackneyHaddock
September 17, 2017, 9:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
What is it with some of our fans that they feel the need to not only attack players before and while they're here, but to carry on once they've left?

Rhys Browne lost his father while he was here and needed to restart his career somewhere else for various reasons.  Isn't it enough to just wish him well?  

Instead we get people slagging him off for not steaming into a tackle in a game donkeys years ago that no-one can remember.  We're the same with Hurst, Lenny, Toto, Monkhouse and loads of others.  It just looks bitter and people need to let go a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
PPMariner
September 17, 2017, 10:19am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Rhys looked pretty dangerous at Bolton; it was a shame that things didn't come together, thereafter.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
Maringer
September 18, 2017, 10:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
What is it with some of our fans that they feel the need to not only attack players before and while they're here, but to carry on once they've left?

Rhys Browne lost his father while he was here and needed to restart his career somewhere else for various reasons.  Isn't it enough to just wish him well?  

Instead we get people slagging him off for not steaming into a tackle in a game donkeys years ago that no-one can remember.  We're the same with Hurst, Lenny, Toto, Monkhouse and loads of others.  It just looks bitter and people need to let go a bit.

Flipping heck, I simply stated that the only thing I remember about him was the aforementioned jumping out of a few challenges in a short cameo. That is a fact, not an attack and it is hardly surprising I don't remember anything else from him because he didn't start a game for us. It just stuck in my mind as we were chasing the game yet he didn't attempt to win the ball when the opportunity was there.

What would I have to be bitter about when talking about a player who made a handful of sub appearances for us a year ago?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rhys Browne - Relishing his return...???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.