Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rhys Browne - Relishing his return...???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

Rhys Browne - Relishing his return...???

This thread currently has 4,470 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
PPMariner
September 17, 2017, 10:19am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Rhys looked pretty dangerous at Bolton; it was a shame that things didn't come together, thereafter.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
Maringer
September 18, 2017, 10:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
What is it with some of our fans that they feel the need to not only attack players before and while they're here, but to carry on once they've left?

Rhys Browne lost his father while he was here and needed to restart his career somewhere else for various reasons.  Isn't it enough to just wish him well?  

Instead we get people slagging him off for not steaming into a tackle in a game donkeys years ago that no-one can remember.  We're the same with Hurst, Lenny, Toto, Monkhouse and loads of others.  It just looks bitter and people need to let go a bit.

Flipping heck, I simply stated that the only thing I remember about him was the aforementioned jumping out of a few challenges in a short cameo. That is a fact, not an attack and it is hardly surprising I don't remember anything else from him because he didn't start a game for us. It just stuck in my mind as we were chasing the game yet he didn't attempt to win the ball when the opportunity was there.

What would I have to be bitter about when talking about a player who made a handful of sub appearances for us a year ago?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rhys Browne - Relishing his return...???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.