Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC - The Way Forward
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Which options are the best way forward?
The Trust to put a marketing strategy forward to attract new benefactors to replace JF
The Trust to work with JF to attract new substantial investment and play a greater role
JF to attract substantial new investment and relinquish his complete control
I am worried about the unknown, so I’d rather just stick with JF even though things aren’t great
JF is doing a great job and I have complete faith in his ability to take the club forward
Not interested, only concerned about what happens on the pitch
I just want Fenty out, to hell with the consequences
  View Results 115 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

GTFC - The Way Forward

This thread currently has 5,427 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 15, 2017, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I was relatively pleased with how the club was ran over the last few years, could say previous to that could be down to inexperience, felt that theres been a few poor PR choices and our steady transfer policies seem to have gone out the window, which partially understand due to the pressure to spend the Bogle money, but hope we don't lose our way in signing young none league talents and our squad needs downsizing a bit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
headingly_mariner
September 15, 2017, 6:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
I'd like to see the debt dropped and the club put up for sale properly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
LondonMariner43
September 15, 2017, 6:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
I am bemused why there's a sudden resurgence of unrest and Fentyoutitis.

After 6 years in non league we regained our league status.  Some clubs have gone back up quicker but many have not.  Some have gone further down into oblivion.

In our first season back, we were a solid mid-table.  We've lost a few games this season but it seems at worst we have established ourselves as a mid table L2 side.

Our 'true' position in the league these days is probably as a L1/ L2 yoyo club.  We may one day make it to the championship for a brief stay.

We are in reasonable shape financially and seem to have a few exciting young players who could earn us a few quid one day.

What exactly is it that everyone expects?  Champions League in 5 years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
LondonMariner43
September 15, 2017, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I'd like to see the debt dropped and the club put up for sale properly.

why should JF drop his debt?  Would you?  If you have a mortgage, try asking the bank to let you off your debt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
LondonMariner43
September 15, 2017, 6:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How many managers did we have last season?

One manager sacked is hardly trigger happy.  Do you read the sports pages?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
Cloudy
September 15, 2017, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from LondonMariner43

After 6 years in non league we regained our league status.  Some clubs have gone back up quicker but many have not.  Some have gone further down into oblivion.

In our first season back, we were a solid mid-table.  We've lost a few games this season but it seems at worst we have established ourselves as a mid table L2 side.

Our 'true' position in the league these days is probably as a L1/ L2 yoyo club.  We may one day make it to the championship for a brief stay.

We are in reasonable shape financially and seem to have a few exciting young players who could earn us a few quid one day.

£3 or 4m in debt would suggest otherwise especially as there are no readily realised assets!!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
Cloudy
September 15, 2017, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from HertsGTFC

That's why they become PLC's to garner investment. Sell the public a share in you company and use the money to grow your business. Oh yeah forgot to add that at the same time the directors of the company who have been rewarded with equity for years usually make a bundle. I'd not get to hung up on PLC's and A shares, it's the B shares in a business that give you the real power.

We can moan all we like for lots of reasons Fenty is not going anywhere for a while yet.

Sounds great but the point I was making is that in order to advertise for investment then a full prospectus needs to be issued at huge cost under current stock exchange regulations!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
LondonMariner43
September 15, 2017, 7:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

£3 or 4m in debt would suggest otherwise especially as there are no readily realised assets!!

That has been the case for years.  I mean that we are living within our means.  

I wonder if JF wishes he'd spent his cash on something that didn't involve him getting slagged off every five minutes rather than being appreciated for bailing out the club he loves.

I almost want him to sell the club to someone who changes our strip to green, renames the team Grimsby Mariners, sells off the ground and leaves the club on its knees in the 7th tier.  Then maybe people will be less naive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
headingly_mariner
September 15, 2017, 7:07pm

Vodka Drinker

why should JF drop his debt?  Would you?  If you have a mortgage, try asking the bank to let you off your debt.

I couldn't lend myself the money to smash my kitchen up and expect a prospective buyer to pay for it. You're no longer allowed to provide director loans because they aren't good for clubs.

Losing money is the price you pay for being in control for years. It's an expensive season ticket but that's what it is. You don't get the money back for yours. It keeps the club in a total stranglehold.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
headingly_mariner
September 15, 2017, 7:09pm

Vodka Drinker

For a lot of people it's not about footballing success, it's about the the way the club is run off the field and how the fans are treated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC - The Way Forward

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.