Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC - The Way Forward
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 317 Guests

Which options are the best way forward?
The Trust to put a marketing strategy forward to attract new benefactors to replace JF
The Trust to work with JF to attract new substantial investment and play a greater role
JF to attract substantial new investment and relinquish his complete control
I am worried about the unknown, so I’d rather just stick with JF even though things aren’t great
JF is doing a great job and I have complete faith in his ability to take the club forward
Not interested, only concerned about what happens on the pitch
I just want Fenty out, to hell with the consequences
  View Results 115 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

GTFC - The Way Forward

This thread currently has 5,435 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
September 15, 2017, 1:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Forget about the past (if you can). There's an honest and open debate regarding the future direction of the club to be had. Which way do you think is best?

You can choose more than one option..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
September 15, 2017, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I admit a lot of JF's decisions have been poor (particularly the managerial appointments) plus the Mike Parker saga just showed what a complete control freak he is but he is a Town fan, his heart is in the right place, I take him at face value when says he won't pull out his loans and I fear the unknown, the club is stable financially and we will survive in the league again this year then Slade can get rid of all the dead wood in the squad and sign all of his own players.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
gtfc98
September 15, 2017, 1:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Pretty loaded questions there so a poor poll which I won't be answering directly. Fenty is doing an OK job for me. He's a lot less trigger happy than he was a few years back and I think Slade is a reasonable appointment.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
Bigdog
September 15, 2017, 1:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98
Pretty loaded questions there so a poor poll which I won't be answering directly. Fenty is doing an OK job for me. He's a lot less trigger happy than he was a few years back and I think Slade is a reasonable appointment.

Sorry you feel that way. I did spend a few days thinking about the options based upon much needed investment, especially if you have a good look at the accounts.

In the spirit of transparency my marginally favoured option was

JF to attract substantial new investment and relinquish his complete control

This was made on the basis that I think it would be healthier for the club to be better invested than it is, have a greater pooling of minds to come to decisions especially on purely footballing and PR matters and JF to remain on board to realise his dream of seeing GTFC in a new stadium. I respect the hard work (however misplaced at times) and financial commitment he has put in but I think the club and the fans need a fresh approach with fresh ideas and the club needs a sounder financial footing..

I'm also leaning towards the Trust being more actively involved if more professionally adept marketing and financial personnel can be attracted to the fold..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
Cloudy
September 15, 2017, 1:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I wonder if the club being a PLC means there are rules and regulations in respect of 'soliciting' for investment??

Although i agree it would be a good move, i think in practice it may be far more difficult and costly than I first thought?

Anyone KNOW whether this is an issue?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Bigdog
September 15, 2017, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
I wonder if the club being a PLC means there are rules and regulations in respect of 'soliciting' for investment??

Although i agree it would be a good move, i think in practice it may be far more difficult and costly than I first thought?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history

Full accounts 2016 PDF, note 22 GOING CONCERN on page 24
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
bedders78
September 15, 2017, 3:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
I'd forgotton some of the directors - Colin Graves! Not done too bad for himself since leaving GTFC

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
realist
September 15, 2017, 3:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm also leaning towards the Trust being more actively involved if more professionally adept marketing and financial people can be attracted to the fold..

Oh my god no. The trust is partly responsible for the position the club is in now. If thet hadn't gifted Fenty the shares they would have had a lot more leverage in deciding who runs the club. At best they are a bunch of enthusiastic amatuers. Stick to running the bars.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
HertsGTFC
September 15, 2017, 5:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Cloudy

That's why they become PLC's to garner investment. Sell the public a share in you company and use the money to grow your business. Oh yeah forgot to add that at the same time the directors of the company who have been rewarded with equity for years usually make a bundle. I'd not get to hung up on PLC's and A shares, it's the B shares in a business that give you the real power.

We can moan all we like for lots of reasons Fenty is not going anywhere for a while yet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2017, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from gtfc98

How many managers did we have last season?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC - The Way Forward

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.