10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
September 17, 2017, 1:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
If this board had been about in 1988 then half the posters on here would've been demanding Buckley was sacked two months into his first spell with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 96
psgmariner
September 17, 2017, 1:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I find it odd that people have a pop at Hurst now he has gone when to a man none of them where moaning about him when Nathan banged in the 3rd at Wembley, fickle or hypocritical?  

I don't find that odd at all.

Private Message
Reply: 81 - 96
KingstonMariner
September 17, 2017, 1:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Oh come off it Herts! If people who didn't rate Hurst had not celebrated that goal and that win they'd be accused of wishing Town to fail simply to prove their point.

We all support Town. So regardless of our opinion of any manager or player (or non-Chairman for that matter) we want Town to succeed and there is nothing hypocritical or fickle in enjoying good days.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 96
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2017, 1:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Oh come off it Herts! If people who didn't rate Hurst had not celebrated that goal and that win they'd be accused of wishing Town to fail simply to prove their point.

We all support Town. So regardless of our opinion of any manager or player (or non-Chairman for that matter) we want Town to succeed and there is nothing hypocritical or fickle in enjoying good days.

I just find it amazingly funny that experts who post on message boards "don't rate" a manager that has won 3 promotions at his last 3 clubs, saved a doomed club at a higher level than he has managed previously and is currently the manager of  one of only 2 unbeaten sides in the EFL and top of their league.........clearly he's not good enough.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 96
somersetmariner
September 17, 2017, 2:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Christ on a bike Herts, people are saying perhaps Hurstss and GTFC's time had run it's course, not that he was a excrement manager. It has been stated that his style of play was a bit boring and negative to watch and i think most fans agree with that.

As for experts on a message board!!! ?

We're all fans and we all have opinions

Get off your high horse.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 96
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2017, 2:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from somersetmariner
Christ on a bike Herts, people are saying perhaps Hurstss and GTFC's time had run it's course, not that he was a excrement manager. It has been stated that his style of play was a bit boring and negative to watch and i think most fans agree with that.

As for experts on a message board!!! ?

We're all fans and we all have opinions

Get off your high horse.

"We're all fans and we all have opinions"

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 96
Vance Warner
September 17, 2017, 3:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
If this board had been about in 1988 then half the posters on here would've been demanding Buckley was sacked two months into his first spell with us.

Funnily enough despite 3 promotions Buckley never won a championship which is what some people on here have criticised Hurst for. Like Hurst, Buckley was slagged off for his lack of PR skills and predictable football. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but the criticism of Hurst went way over the top IMO. 'Born loser' was one of the quotes that springs to mind. I'd like to think some 'fans' will have learnt a lesson from it but won't hold my breath.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 96
Mrs Doyle
September 17, 2017, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The football AWAY from home (Halifax aside) was pretty good hence the big turnouts. we gained a envied reputation and even the average at B.P. was on the up.

If that's an indicator of a managers success Hurst must have been doing something right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 96
Grim74
September 17, 2017, 3:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
But his football style was excruciatingly boring, many times I left well before the final whistle even when we were winning.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 96
Gaffer58
September 17, 2017, 3:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
At the end of the day players,managers even majority shareholders come and go but, fans will always be there, some on here will even admit to have been going for 50 plus years. So all we can hope for is that we have more ups than downs because you can guarantee there will be both along he way.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Shrews Fan In Peace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.