Bigdog
September 15, 2017, 9:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Do you ever give anyone any credit?  How did Crowley out manage Hurst? Hurst won the tie in a results based business.

Why are you so "glass half empty" about everything associated with GTFC?

Yes I do give credit where credit's due if you don't cherry pick my posts. Being a solid League One manager is something not to be sniffed at.

Cowley tiny budget compared to Hurst and finished one place higher over the season.

I think the GTFC glass has been half empty for years and needs filling up.

I prefer me wanting us to strive for better than what we've got, I think our long suffering fans deserve more than what they've been getting.

Honest debates about how we can try to achieve more for a brighter hopeful future versus the defeatist doses of grim realism you chuck about the place.

If you always accept that half a glass is always half full rather than half empty, you'll never get it filled up for you..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 96
HertsGTFC
September 15, 2017, 10:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
How exactly are you "striving for better"?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 96
Bigdog
September 15, 2017, 10:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC
How exactly are you "striving for better"?

Strive = Aspire

FFS Herts, read my post correctly before constantly having a go. The answer's already there.

Or, just don't read my posts.

I'm always up for a debate, but hate getting into pointless catfights..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 96
Vance Warner
September 15, 2017, 11:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
Interesting that the ubs mentioned with more critical 'fans' than us are Arsenal, Newcastle, Sunderland and Coventry. One thing we all have In common is consistently underachieving. Coincidence?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 96
HertsGTFC
September 15, 2017, 11:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
I read your posts hence my challenge around your constant criticism without offending credible realistic alternatives.

Wanting better is fine and all fans/supporters should feel likewise, I do. However constantly sniping at people that have put their own personal time, money and career into GTFC is hardly aspirational

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 96
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2017, 11:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Thanks for the update trueblue.

Nice to read something like that that has no side to it like the Shrew who came here the other week.

Beat Scunny in the playoffs next May and you'll find a lot of Shrewsbury fans from NE Lincs (even with Hurst at the helm 😀)

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 96
AndyGTFC
September 15, 2017, 11:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +793
Gold Stars: 5
Pleased he's doing well. He's the only manager to deliver some real positivity to this club in a long time and left us in a much better position than he started so there shouldn't be any bitterness.

It did take us a few attempts to go up in a very difficult league but football is often about small margins. As sole manager, he lost to Gateshead when we were down to nine men through poor refereeing and stupidity and then on penalties to Bristol Rovers after more poor refereeing and being the better side. We then got a bit of luck for a change at Braintree ourselves with the red card and penalty when we were probably a better side the season before.  

Keep it up and he'll be at a Rotherham or Sheffield Wednesday one of these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 96
forza ivano
September 16, 2017, 1:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Lots of really interesting views and comments most of which are honestly felt and coherently argued.thanks to true blue for one of the better recent threads.
I'm going to make a point I've made before, but hasn't featured in this thread..
First and foremost is to put ourselves in hursts shoes. He had a long career at rovrum, but had never earned enough to be financially secure.he has a wife n family to support ,mortgage n bills to pay, all the normal problems we have to deal with, but he is basically without a career in his early 30s.he pals up with Scott and makes a successful team. Gy come calling and his dream of success and the financial rewards it brings are within his grasp.then scott flecks up and he is left alone for the first time ever.its make or break. He fails at gy and realistically he never gets a pro football job again.fail and he gets sacked; how does he meet the mortgage, pay the bills, put the kids through uni etc? He does exactly what I'd do: he plays the percentage game.ie we have more money than most, we have pro players so basically we should beat most teams especially if we play safe.and so it transpired. Gtfc and hurst played safe, played the percentages and he gained a reputation.fa trophy success every year, play offs guaranteed every year.within a couple of years he is the most employable manager in non league and his future is guaranteed. Then he got a bit of luck and got us promoted and he just took himself to a new level. Good start and then higher league shrews come calling.he is now made for life and good luck to him. The worst that can happen is that he now gets sacked by shrews, gets a three ar contract with a decent league 2 side, based on his old record. Fail again and he will still get a decent conference managers contract..this sport is a game and he's played it well.good luck to him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 96
Mrs Doyle
September 16, 2017, 4:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Hagrid
Hated that day at halifax, was the worst atmosphere i've wver been part of. Not just the chants ar hurst but at the players also- players who got us up 3 months later

Toto never forgot that. I too was appalled at the behavior and swearing at the manager and players in their faces.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 96
Mrs Doyle
September 16, 2017, 5:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from forza ivano
Lots of really interesting views and comments most of which are honestly felt and coherently argued.thanks to true blue for one of the better recent threads.
I'm going to make a point I've made before, but hasn't featured in this thread..
First and foremost is to put ourselves in hursts shoes. He had a long career at rovrum, but had never earned enough to be financially secure.he has a wife n family to support ,mortgage n bills to pay, all the normal problems we have to deal with, but he is basically without a career in his early 30s.he pals up with Scott and makes a successful team. Gy come calling and his dream of success and the financial rewards it brings are within his grasp.then scott flecks up and he is left alone for the first time ever.its make or break. He fails at gy and realistically he never gets a pro football job again.fail and he gets sacked; how does he meet the mortgage, pay the bills, put the kids through uni etc? He does exactly what I'd do: he plays the percentage game.ie we have more money than most, we have pro players so basically we should beat most teams especially if we play safe.and so it transpired. Gtfc and hurst played safe, played the percentages and he gained a reputation.fa trophy success every year, play offs guaranteed every year.within a couple of years he is the most employable manager in non league and his future is guaranteed. Then he got a bit of luck and got us promoted and he just took himself to a new level. Good start and then higher league shrews come calling.he is now made for life and good luck to him. The worst that can happen is that he now gets sacked by shrews, gets a three ar contract with a decent league 2 side, based on his old record. Fail again and he will still get a decent conference managers contract..this sport is a game and he's played it well.good luck to him.

Another point worth mentioning his CHAIRMAN stood by him.

That won't get many ticks on here but he gave Hurst a long run and in the end it worked.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shrews Fan In Peace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.