Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcos Bignot article..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 416 Guests

Marcos Bignot article..

This thread currently has 8,471 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 14, 2017, 5:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Hurst left because he was told he could have all this then told he could not,

Bignot was sacked unfairly ,

Slade at least has got it all in place now so he must have more influence with Fenty.

Lets move on upwards and onwards.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 62
September 14, 2017, 6:14pm
Guest User
On what premise do you say that Bignot was sacked unfairly?

Do you have in depth knowledge of his sacking?

Has there been an acas tribunal for unfair dismissal?

The problem with this board is that every poster seems to have an opinion on the inner workings of the club that is based on little if any real evidence. Most of the threads at the moment are the same. "I think that this happened" when there is no proof or evidence to agree or disagree.
Reply: 11 - 62
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2017, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 935

The problem with this board is that every poster seems to have an opinion on the inner workings of the club that is based on little if any real evidence. Most of the threads at the moment are the same. "I think that this happened" when there is no proof or evidence to agree or disagree.

Just an opinion, but the reasons stated at the time suggested that there was more than football reasons behind this.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 62
friskneymariner
September 14, 2017, 6:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 935

Yes it called a forum,i.e people express an opinion e.g. the venom with which attack you attack people who post on here leads me to believe you must be a very uptight individual,that is an opinion not a fact.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 62
HertsGTFC
September 14, 2017, 7:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
Despite the odd half decent performance anyone who saw the side under Bignot or listened to his continuous sh1te in the media should understand why he was ditched even if you didn't agree with the decision.

That article is quite patronising in that he thinks we are daft enough to believe that if a women's team sat in isolation and was not aligned to a decent sized club they would have all this facilities, they only have that because their male counterparts need it too.

The article is a pop at Town as well as a "come and get me" advert for the women's game, see full of sh1t.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 62
Vance Warner
September 14, 2017, 7:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from 935

I would argue that results on the pitch provide real evidence that he was sacked unfairly. His last game was a 3-1 away win at a team that got promoted a month later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 62
Maringer
September 14, 2017, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I thought it was surprising when Bignot was sacked as I thought he'd get until the end of the season at the very least. However, he seems to be suddenly becoming a better and better manager, the longer it get since he left.

Buckley summed it up well when I heard him commenting before one of the games. He didn't have a clue how Bignot wanted his team to play, what style they should be playing or how the various formations and line-ups tried were intended to work. Just the way I felt at the time and I can't help but think he was just trying anything he could in the hope rather than the expectation that something might just fall into place and work by sheer chance.

That said,some credit is due to him for making a few decent signings at the very least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 62
September 14, 2017, 8:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner

Yes it called a forum,i.e people express an opinion e.g. the venom with which attack you attack people who post on here leads me to believe you must be a very uptight individual,that is an opinion not a fact.

Its not that I m uptight, more I find it so frustrating, come on the forum to check out whats going on with the mariners and theres just so much negativity that comes from everyone's opinion... Like a viscous cycle, it just keeps going.

Theres reams of posts on the FAO Get your factsright thread, attacking John Fenty for almost everything. Here we re back to Bignot should never have been sacked and its all someone's fault. Any one who disagree's is a happy clapper. If half the guys posting there about fenty were gentleman, they d contact him and discuss their concerns sensibly, or turn up to fans forums and ask sensible questions. Instead we get that, quite honestly cringeworthy, situation where there were 25 people loosely chanting fenty out in the rain at accrington then haranguing him while he was getting into his car. The effect of which is nothing but negativity.

Honestly its not just frustrating, its sad. We re a small club in the fourth division with not much money. We should really stick together and beam some positivity but instead its this same old reactive anger that spews forth everytime we have a bad run. Bignot has gone, so has Hurst. Slade is manager for now, and we ve beaten two top 6 sides in the past week or so. John Fenty owns the club, until such a time that someone buys it off him, so instead of creating divisions and negativity why cant we all just support the club.
Reply: 17 - 62
friskneymariner
September 14, 2017, 8:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Meh potato potatoe, in my book if it looks like a duck, walks like and duck and sounds like a duck it is a duck.,so you would all like us to passive recipients of what is doled out to us and worship at the altar of St John.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 62
KingstonMariner
September 14, 2017, 8:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
To those who point out the connections SOME women's teams have with Prem outfits, re-read the bit in the set-piece article that points out that Birmingham Ladies didn't even have a connection with Birmingham City.

Bonkers he might have been but Bignot's results didn't justify a sacking. And if senior players were moaning about him the best way of dealing with them was to remind them who the manager was.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcos Bignot article..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.