10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
September 16, 2017, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
I am not a member of the trust currently and think the position on the board is a must.

Unsure how viable this is but it would be great if the trust could find some external investment and work towards taking control of the club. I would like the club to be in a position where it is 51% owned by the trust which I believe is the case in Germany.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 99
heppy88
September 16, 2017, 1:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
I attended the trust open question and answer meeting this morning. This is the first GTFC related meeting/forum I have attended and was pleasantly surprised with the points raised and with the feedback given. The Trust board appear to have some intelligent and highly motivated people, with good ideas articulated well. The 1-hour meeting can be viewed on the Trusts website page.

But I must say I share the frustration of some of those in the room on the few supporters who turned up. With so many concerns raised on the Fishy and other social media over the last few weeks I expected far more than the 10 or so non-trust board members that attended. I'm sorry Old Codger and Bigdog, but based on this evidence of continuing apathy on behalf of supporters to actively engage with change, then the chances of significant changes on the Grimsby board look slim to say the least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 99
MuddyWaters
September 16, 2017, 1:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Sorry I can't be there but would like to ask the Trust to ask the club's board to contemplate changing the way they communicate with the fans - we are, after all, the paying customers.

I did say I couldn't be there!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 99
heppy88
September 16, 2017, 1:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
The post was not intended to criticize either you or Bigdog. But as Fishy posters pushing for change at GTFC, thought you also would be disapointed with the low turnout at the meeting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 99
Bigdog
September 16, 2017, 1:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from heppy88
I attended the trust open question and answer meeting this morning. This is the first GTFC related meeting/forum I have attended and was pleasantly surprised with the points raised and with the feedback given. The Trust board appear to have some intelligent and highly motivated people, with good ideas articulated well. The 1-hour meeting can be viewed on the Trusts website page.

But I must say I share the frustration of some of those in the room on the few supporters who turned up. With so many concerns raised on the Fishy and other social media over the last few weeks I expected far more than the 10 or so non-trust board members that attended. I'm sorry Old Codger and Bigdog, but based on this evidence of continuing apathy on behalf of supporters to actively engage with change, then the chances of significant changes on the Grimsby board look slim to say the least.

Thanks for the feedback Heppy. I've recently moved 1000 miles away so couldn't make it. It's a shame that there is apathy towards physically making a difference. I think that most fans would like to be presented with something they could buy into rather than having the confidence to contribute. It only takes a handful of like-minded, determined people to push an idea forward in any case.

From the poll on here, it seems like there is a majority agreement that the club needs further investment and also that while not continuing in total control, JF remaining involved. If the board and the trust can have an honest debate and somehow find a way forward between themselves to attract further investment then I would think the majority of GTFC fans will be happier and more hopeful than they are now..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 99
MuddyWaters
September 16, 2017, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from heppy88
The post was not intended to criticize either you or Bigdog. But as Fishy posters pushing for change at GTFC, thought you also would be disapointed with the low turnout at the meeting.

Sorry heppy88! I truly believe that more of the same will result in exactly that. Surely John Fenty must also realise that the current stagnant impasse between debt and progress is a recipe for a dull future.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 99
grimsby pete
September 16, 2017, 2:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I have accepted the fact that Fenty is going nowhere in more ways than one,

So we will not get any other investors for that reason,

So I will try and stop calling him and get on with supporting the team.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 99
lukeo
September 16, 2017, 8:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
I'm not suprised only 10 people turned up, I'm very suprised only 25 people watched it online (on average, I had it on my phone throughout but only caught half of it) It just annoys me a bit that we have a chunk of supporters who use forums like the fishy moaning and complaining and asking questions but when given the opportunity to get the answers, meet the people they slag off face to face or even just email in and watch from their sofa, they can't be bothered. This isn't aimed at everyone on the fishy, it's just a small minority of people i see not just on here but social media as well. I kind of feel sorry for the chaps who did the meeting today. Anyway, I think from what i caught their was some excellent questions and the answers where better than i expected and not just batted away.

utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 99
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 16, 2017, 8:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
We are all Town fans, we all have our own opinions.  John Fenty and his brothers are huge Town fans aren't they Squarkus.
Opinions are going to differ, we are all individuals after all.
We need to respect each other, and each others right to express an opinion, we have this right that many people do not.
If you do not agree with somebodies opinion, that is fine, say why if you want and  explain your opinion.  There doesn't have to be what is at times vitriol towards each other and the subject of the conversation, whether it is JF, RS or any player or poster on here.

Respect Ladies and Gents, we all expect it and should give it.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 99
moosey_club
September 16, 2017, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Well if only 10 or so people turned up then there are a couple of conclusions that could be drawn....

The general support has no real regard for the trust ...

or

all is well and everyone is happy with how the trust is currently running...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust open meeting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.