lew chaterleys lover
September 13, 2017, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,646
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from mimma
John Fenty has put into the club what he can afford to and no more.

To suggest that he should put more in when he has clearly reached the limit of what he can afford is quite frankly insulting.

There is no rich person on the horizon to help him out. Like it or lump it there isn't an alternative benefactor of the club.

I suppose that is Fentys fault as well.

It is really.Surely part of his job is to secure new investment in the club? He is not rich enough to fund it on his own that would deliver the progress we all want, so it is more important than ever to get the investment that will make a difference.

It is not all about one rich individual coming in and waving a magic wand. Mike Parker had the money, a lot more than Mr. Fenty and no doubt had his own contacts to bring in more forward investment, but we know how that ended.

I am sure we are all grateful to Mr. Fenty for his finance up to this point, but it doesn't look like it is enough to get the club moving in a positive way.

We are just discussing the clubs future, some may think we are happy to have a club at all, and some want to see some progress towards a brighter future.

Before anybody says anything, I want Slades team to win every game and romp through the divisions; however this is unlikely if we don't have the investment needed. This discussion forum will have no effect whatsoever on the teams performance on the pitch.

If Mr. Fenty is pinning all his hopes on the new stadium, what is the latest news on that?  
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 88
Mariner_09
September 13, 2017, 7:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from sam gy
The thing with Bignot is that the experienced, respected pros at the club did not like him, and I'd imagine it's hard for a chairman to ignore that. The results obviously didn't help.

There's no chairman to ignore those sorts of thing!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 88
KingstonMariner
September 13, 2017, 8:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
John Fenty has put into the club what he can afford to and no more.

To suggest that he should put more in when he has clearly reached the limit of what he can afford is quite frankly insulting.

There is no rich person on the horizon to help him out. Like it or lump it there isn't an alternative benefactor of the club.

I suppose that is Fentys fault as well.

I don't think anyone has suggested he put more of his own money in. I suspect that's another Fishy myth.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 88
MuddyWaters
September 13, 2017, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
I sometimes wonder if some fans have lived in some sort of time warp where the Fenty era hasn't happened, or did the various appointments and sackings not happen or the fall outs with local media or the share thing or the flag or Checkatrade?
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 88
fleabag1970
September 13, 2017, 8:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Nope . It all happened . A calamity of errors n the last 15 years . The wake up is happening though . Don't be careful what you wish for just go with your gut feeling

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 88
barralad
September 13, 2017, 9:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121

It is really.Surely part of his job is to secure new investment in the club? He is not rich enough to fund it on his own that would deliver the progress we all want, so it is more important than ever to get the investment that will make a difference.

It is not all about one rich individual coming in and waving a magic wand. Mike Parker had the money, a lot more than Mr. Fenty and no doubt had his own contacts to bring in more forward investment, but we know how that ended.

I am sure we are all grateful to Mr. Fenty for his finance up to this point, but it doesn't look like it is enough to get the club moving in a positive way.

We are just discussing the clubs future, some may think we are happy to have a club at all, and some want to see some progress towards a brighter future.

Before anybody says anything, I want Slades team to win every game and romp through the divisions; however this is unlikely if we don't have the investment needed. This discussion forum will have no effect whatsoever on the teams performance on the pitch.

If Mr. Fenty is pinning all his hopes on the new stadium, what is the latest news on that?  

I don't know very much about Mike Parker's financial situation. I always thought he didn't actually have a business of his own..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 88
September 13, 2017, 10:02pm
Guest User
Once upon a time there was a football club........then Fenty turned up.

He had a big wad of cash in his hand promising a bright and rosey future.  Directors loans turned into a pawn shop scenario, every asset the club has is now security for the gallant Fenty loans.

Maybe those foolish enough to invest in a season ticket should perhaps ask for their 'investment' to be underwritten, seems to be okay for him.

Fenty out and take your flipping strangle hold with you.
Reply: 56 - 88
Marinerz93
September 13, 2017, 10:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 120790

John Fenty does not treat the supporters disrespectfully. He is approachable and I am sure that his rationale is to treat as he finds. If you treat him poorly, then why would he treat you with respect.

Neither should he pamper to the supporters whims. Because in the fan base, there are hundreds of opinions and alternative opinions on how he should direct the club. What would you have him do, respond positively to all suggestions? Of course he can't. He has to be his own man and direct the business in the manner which he see's fit.

Keep going John, you are doing a fine job

If you call doing a fine job struggling in league 2 then you must either be a troll, related to Fenty or work for him as no sane Town fan thinks we are in a good enough position for them to say Fenty is doing a fine job.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 88
Marinerz93
September 13, 2017, 11:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 120790

We are not Barnsley. We don't have other significant investors like Barnsley do in addition to Patrick Cryne.

Plus, there are many people in Grimsby that are just as grateful to John Fenty for keeping our club going as some Barnsley fans are to Patrick Cryne. Reading Patrick Cryne's letter, it is plainly clear to see that some of his clubs supporters weren't in support of him either. "People are not shy in coming forward and telling me they appreciate my efforts, even if I have fallen short of their aspirations"

Be careful what you wish for.

When you say people you mean your wife don't you, with you struggling to get past pre ejaculation as you are too busy thinking about Fenty. Oopss you did it again.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 88
Marinerz93
September 13, 2017, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I would have some sympathy with the Fenty out brigade if they have an alternative.  Have they got funds to invest?  Are they willing to organize a fan ownership? Are they scouting the world for a new wealthy investor?

Or are they just keyboard warriors happy to slag off the guy who put his own money into keeping the club alive?

Key board warriors, the sort of thing an internet policeman with sand in their girl private would say.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/L4ZJuzp.jpg[/img]

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be careful what you wish for

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.