9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 13, 2017, 12:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

Does that make up for 6 years in non league where JF said after the Burton game we would lose £500,000 per season so that makes £3,000,000, could have paid off his loans.

If we'd have had the extra half million per season we'd just have spent it on wages in League 2 instead of the National League. Whatever income we have primarily goes on wages. The only difference is the more money we have the better (in theory) players we can afford.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 88
MuddyWaters
September 13, 2017, 1:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from grimsby pete
I can not see what this Fenty out will achieve,

I do not like his non chairmanship of OUR club, I wish he would take his loans and turn them into shares  or better still write them off,

The trouble is we will never find anybody to invest in our club while he is here because he is a control freak,

So he has to walk away first and then we will see if anybody is willing to invest.,

He will not do that so we are stuck with him I am afraid

It's a situation that he has created to protect his investment and the long suffering fans are powerless to do anything about it.  In the meantime, he's not too happy that we've got opinions either.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 88
Gaffer58
September 13, 2017, 2:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I have no problem with Mr Fenty, if it wasn't him it would be someone else who I am afraid the fans would eventually moan about. The only problem I have is as to why he will not take the roll of chairman officially, what are the pro's and cons for both him and the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 88
arryarryarry
September 13, 2017, 2:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,940
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob

If we'd have had the extra half million per season we'd just have spent it on wages in League 2 instead of the National League. Whatever income we have primarily goes on wages. The only difference is the more money we have the better (in theory) players we can afford.

The comment, "paid off his loans" was a bit tongue in cheek, but are players wages that much different between the two leagues considering we would have likely been paying some top salaries for the players required to get us out of that league?
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 88
VinnyGTFC
September 13, 2017, 3:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
My only thought on this John and  understanding you will make honest mistakes. Is allow the football people around you make the football decisions. Might even be worth getting a football man on the board to be the face to face contact with the management team and to give you and the board football related advice.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 88
MuddyWaters
September 13, 2017, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
My only thought on this John and  understanding you will make honest mistakes. Is allow the football people around you make the football decisions. Might even be worth getting a football man on the board to be the face to face contact with the management team and to give you and the board football related advice.

Honest mistakes? Let's take the Bignot appointment as an 'honest mistake'. Appoint the bloke, sell his best player, let him have some money to spend and then sack him before the players he'd bought hadhad time to bond. Problem is that this is one of many that have happened over a long period.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 88
September 13, 2017, 4:04pm
Guest User
Firstly, why the hell shouldn't John Fenty protect his financial support. If you was in his position wouldn't you do exactly the same? I would!

Secondly, where has all of this "football person/people" jargon come from? Hey if you want to call someone a "football person" then believe me, John Fenty is now a time served football person. Nobody understands the football business world any better that him.

Leave the bloke alone with this stupidy.

Be careful what you wish for...
Reply: 36 - 88
Cloudy
September 13, 2017, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 120790
Firstly, why the hell shouldn't John Fenty protect his financial support. If you was in his position wouldn't you do exactly the same? I would!

Secondly, where has all of this "football person/people" jargon come from? Hey if you want to call someone a "football person" then believe me, John Fenty is now a time served football person. Nobody understands the football business world any better that him.

FFS and you call other stupid!
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 88
MuddyWaters
September 13, 2017, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 120790

Let's get this right. In your opinion, because John Fenty has pumped millions into GTFC and the rest of the fan base can't afford to, then he's right and we're stupid.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 88
realist
September 13, 2017, 4:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,687
Gold Stars: 41
Back end is either fenty or sonic.
Well i wish fenty would leave the club. It cant be any worse. Been in continual decline since he became involved.

Fenty out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be careful what you wish for

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.