Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade how long should he get
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

How Long should Slade be given to turn it round
End of season (20 votes)
13.25%
Febuary after transfer window closes (3 votes)
1.99%
December before transfer window opens (42 votes)
27.81%
End of October (34 votes)
22.52%
End of September (21 votes)
13.91%
10 games into season (8 votes)
5.30%
Sacked now (23 votes)
15.23%
151 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Russell Slade how long should he get

This thread currently has 5,774 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
September 11, 2017, 9:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,964
Gold Stars: 69
Do we recall a Paul Hurst out campaign? Now some think he is a new Messiah.

Its not always the answer to sack a manager just because we have a few wobbly games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
Zmariner
September 11, 2017, 9:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
We must. E patient, a manager would inherit this squad , got to give it until Xmas, if we are in deep trouble then pull the trigger for sure. Slade is good in a relegation battle and our defence is likely to create one urm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
arryarryarry
September 11, 2017, 10:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from darren9
Slade out? Really? Is that the answer?

We're where we are because Paul Hurst left as he wasn't backed correctly by the board and wasn't appreciated and fully supported by the fans. This is after achieving promotion, gathering a team spirit and changing the whole mindset of the football club.
Then we appointed Bignot in what, arguably was too big a step up a transfer budget he has never been used to but appeared to be allowed to play with unchecked left us with a (comparatively) large squad. He clearly had little to no media training and the strain of extra interest really showed. He was also desperate to appease the fanbase. Taking on a professional club with ambitions to go gutter and all that entails including training every day was a step too far.
Then, we put Slade in charge. A steady hand who is far from dynamic he's signed players on the way down and has missed out on key targets.

The back drop to this is a fairly large club who have been non league for too long. We lost some infrastructure, the youth team is just getting re-established. We obviously don't have a strength and conditioning coach. Did we ever replace Steve croudson? Do we have any dedicated coaches to specific roles?
We have a ground we want to leave so haven't invested in that, yet we have no plan or timescale to actually move.
The training ground needs investment.

The problem isn't the management it's above that; but there is little to no chance of that changing.
We need a huge amount of investment but we're hardly an exciting prospect are we? Who in their right mind would come in?

"We're where we are because Paul Hurst left as he wasn't backed correctly by the board"

FFS give over with the Paul Hurst thing he's gone get over it, it is what happens now and the next few months.

"Did we ever replace Steve croudson?"

Not heard of Andy Warrington then?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
grimsby pete
September 11, 2017, 10:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Far too early for a poll.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
arryarryarry
September 11, 2017, 10:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerMal
Aren't we panicking just a little early?

Sure, the results and performances haven't been great (although we played well against Crewe) but it is still very, very early days.

Don't get me wrong I am no fan of Slade and wrote a post stating I thought JF was making a mistake appointing him. However, the appointment is made and I think it is too early to start calling for the head of any manager.

We have a largely new team again and sometimes this takes work to get it fully functioning. I am not saying it will start to get better but it may. It is just far too early to start talk about yet another manager.

Maybe instead of getting on the back of the players during the next home game we could provide some support and encouragement. You know, like it used to be in the old days when a supporter actually supported his team.

I think the fans started getting on the players backs after the 3rd goal went in.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Cloudy
September 11, 2017, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think the fans started getting on the players backs after the 3rd goal went in.

As a side note to this; i went to the loo after about 30 minutes and were very surprised to find about 200 Town fans stood around behind the stand drinking and chatting. This was when the game was 0-0.

Found this really odd, they didnt seem to have any interest in the game.  Why pay £20 to stand around drinking shite bottled beer?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Ipswin
September 11, 2017, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Fenty's only error was appointing Slade again.
Everything since then is down to Slade He has been allowed to sign players (on frees I accept but wages have to be paid) but has brought in sh!t, his tactics are awful to say the least and at best outdated. But then you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and I doubt the current bunch could follow any plan other than hoofball anyway.
Pay peanuts get monkeys especially with a chimp in charge

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
jock dock tower
September 11, 2017, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
John Fenty has made many errors during his tenancy of GTFC. Then again, we all make many mistakes in our own lives so he's far from alone in that respect. However, he is basically the custodian of the club because of his financial backing over the years, and sometimes it's difficult for folk in such positions to recognise that their role at the club could actually be holding it back.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this club will never move on until the fans take ownership of the club via the GTFC Trust. I know there will be the usual posts citing the fact that the club is too much in hock to John and his money - and therein lies the problem. Why do Scunthorpe and Lincoln attract external sponsors who are willing to pump some funds into those clubs yet we don't? I assume it's because of the loans etc that would be too much of a financial burden for someone to want to take on - unless a Russian oligarch suddenly flies over BP on route to Old Trafford and thinks "I'll have some of that instead"

The club will bumble along, maybe stumble along, until the next (current?) crisis hits them and we are looking at the possibility of non league football again. Surely it's time that the fans say "enough is enough" and ask the Trust to seek talks with John Fenty into writing off his loans - he always says he has the best interests of the club at heart - and to then look at other models of fan owned clubs and see what would best fit us? If John were to agree to the request the Trust could always make him honourary club president, and still let him have a non executive post on the board in case they think the vast experience he's built up at his time at BP would come in handy? This proposal isn't a witch hunt, it's a plea to address the issue of ownership not just now, but into the future as well.

We need to move on and I believe the current model of stewardship at the club to be outdated and in need of updating to meet the requirements of the 21st century. Anyone else?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
Cloudy
September 11, 2017, 12:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Ipswin
Fenty's only error was appointing Slade again.
Everything since then is down to Slade He has been allowed to sign players (on frees I accept but wages have to be paid) but has brought in sh!t, his tactics are awful to say the least and at best outdated. But then you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and I doubt the current bunch could follow any plan other than hoofball anyway.
Pay peanuts get monkeys especially with a chimp in charge

Out of interest Swin which games have you been to this season?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
BackHeelTony
September 11, 2017, 12:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
End of next season.

Now let's get on with supporting our team!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade how long should he get

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.