Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 274 Guests

Awakening

This thread currently has 5,499 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
September 10, 2017, 9:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner93er
But the question remains, who is there to replace him? I'm afraid the demise of the club is in correlation with that of the town, and I honestly can't see it changing.

The £3m 'benign' debt is a milstone around our necks. The only way JF would write that off is if the supporters genuinely turned on him and forced him out, we've seen he cannot work with anyone else at the top, ask Mike Parker or even the lottery winners. I do believe it is time for a change, JF needs to name his price, stick to his word and write off the debt then put the club up for 'sale'.

I've said it for a long time, our standing in the FL as an also ran in the bottom tier is unacceptable, we should be a league one side with out support but I don't think it's OTT to say we are already looking at a relegation fight and the prospect of non league football once more is outrageous.

I've almost had it with Town, for the first time in 30 years as a regular, I am so disillusioned I am genuinely thinking of walking away. I do not believe the clubs ambition matches my own. I am realistic, I don't expect us to win the champions league, or even compete in the championship but we go to Accrington Stanley tomorrow night, I think we'll get spanked. It's Accrington Stanley FFS.
Reply: 10 - 27
Bigdog
September 10, 2017, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner93er
But the question remains, who is there to replace him? I'm afraid the demise of the club is in correlation with that of the town, and I honestly can't see it changing.

Who knows who it could be? Leeds have gone through shite for as long as we have. They hadn't heard of Radrizzani a few months back, look at he spirit there now. A different scale to us, but the principle is still the same, There are millions of rich people out there we haven't heard of. Stop acting like they're aren't any at all. They do exist.

Don't buy that theory. Purely coincidence. Barnsley, Burnley, Fleetwood. Donxaster, Scunthorpe, Burton as towns have suffered massively in the past few decades and it's not affected their football clubs. Blackpool has really suffered and despite a boycott and Oyston, they got promoted..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
FishOutOfWater
September 10, 2017, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 75

The £3m 'benign' debt is a milstone around our necks. The only way JF would write that off is if the supporters genuinely turned on him and forced him out, we've seen he cannot work with anyone else at the top, ask Mike Parker or even the lottery winners. I do believe it is time for a change, JF needs to name his price, stick to his word and write off the debt then put the club up for 'sale'.

I've said it for a long time, our standing in the FL as an also ran in the bottom tier is unacceptable, we should be a league one side with out support but I don't think it's OTT to say we are already looking at a relegation fight and the prospect of non league football once more is outrageous.

I've almost had it with Town, for the first time in 30 years as a regular, I am so disillusioned I am genuinely thinking of walking away. I do not believe the clubs ambition matches my own. I am realistic, I don't expect us to win the champions league, or even compete in the championship but we go to Accrington Stanley tomorrow night, I think we'll get spanked. It's Accrington Stanley FFS.

Exactly!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 27
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 10, 2017, 9:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 75

I bet the 4 teams they have already beaten thought the same but they are top of the league for a reason
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Marinerz93
September 10, 2017, 9:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I bet the 4 teams they have already beaten thought the same but they are top of the league for a reason

I wonder what their Budget is, only joking but proof that they are top because they are getting it right on the pitch, have great team spirit but can they keep the moment going with such a small squad.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 10, 2017, 9:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I wonder what their Budget is, only joking but proof that they are top because they are getting it right on the pitch, have great team spirit but can they keep the moment going with such a small squad.

Funny thing is they have Kayden Jackson who has 5 goals already this season, the same kayden  who allot on here thought was rubbish and not worthy of our team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
GrimRob
September 10, 2017, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113

Even Hurst never talked teams up that much. They are second!

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=4&season=15

Hopefully they won't go top by beating us  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 27
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 10, 2017, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Even Hurst never talked teams up that much. They are second!

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=4&season=15

Hopefully they won't go top by beating us  

My Mistake I could have sworn they where top when I looked last night, Must be an age thing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
moosey_club
September 10, 2017, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220

Funny thing is they have Kayden Jackson who has 5 goals already this season, the same kayden  who allot on here thought was rubbish and not worthy of our team.

he wasnt any good for us, he played probably 180 mins of anything like the form he is showing now, the first game of the season and two sub appearances...other than that he looked completely lightweight and out of his depth every other time he played.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
ginnywings
September 10, 2017, 10:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from moosey_club

he wasnt any good for us, he played probably 180 mins of anything like the form he is showing now, the first game of the season and two sub appearances...other than that he looked completely lightweight and out of his depth every other time he played.

One has to ask why? He's not the first player to leave here and prosper elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Awakening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.