September 10, 2017, 2:16pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well that was a strategic error by both the Trust Board and the membership that was obvious at the time.

Yeah Fenty obviously isnt as thick as he looks , he run rings around the Trust and Parker on that deal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
HertsGTFC
September 10, 2017, 2:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Wenger or Mourhinio, an equally irrelevant question in terms of our current predicament!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
friskneymariner
September 10, 2017, 2:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Unicorn or Dragon just as relevant.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Zmariner
September 10, 2017, 2:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Sacking Bignot was strange to me. I have been a very keen lifelong supporter and for the first time ever I am losing interest. We seem to be without ambition, the current squad is quite old and really lacking in pace. I thought we were 6/10 versus Crewe and so was expecting a hammering yesterday, Slade needs to sort this by Xmas or we will have to roll the dice I fear, I really hope jot as I love stability but so many carp players in this squad at their final league club is pathetic utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
Marinerz93
September 10, 2017, 3:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimps

I doubt that Parker would ever come back after our trust sold him down the river when they sold his gifted shares back to Fenty for a place on the board .
What have these trust board member ever been except nodding donkeys ? They had no influence over Fenty or if they have it's been minimal

The shares were not just for a place on the board, the trust were told by JF at the time if he didn't have overall control he would not further invest and Hearn would be sold. What option did the trust have but to give in, they did it to help the club progress. Fenty may not like it but the trust can speak on behalf of the supporters, whether he listens or not is not in their control. I think it's unfair on those who do hard work for the trust to call them nodding donkeys.

As for Fenty's dealing with the shares issues, I think it painted a truer picture of what he is actually like.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
jimgtfc
September 10, 2017, 3:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Bignot was sacked for a non footballing incident, and if what I was told is true then rightly so.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
HertsGTFC
September 10, 2017, 3:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jimgtfc
Bignot was sacked for a non footballing incident, and if what I was told is true then rightly so.

Of course you cannot reveal the details.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
Marinerz93
September 10, 2017, 3:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from jimgtfc

Are you saying Fenty lied as to why he sacked him.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
grimsby pete
September 10, 2017, 3:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Was it because he threw Henderson under the bus and told the driver to reverse over him ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
TAGG
September 10, 2017, 3:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
As far as Hurst goes he had passed his sell by date as far as Town were concerned.

Bignot was an utter crack pot.

Slades time was over years ago.

Cheers Fenty ye toss pot.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst or Bignot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.